CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Still looking for a RW CDI

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still looking for a RW CDI

I know there are some of you who went from the Ron Woods CDI to the Vortex and probably have the RW CDI laying around.
I WANT IT!
I need it for a 2004 DS
PM me or E-MAIL
Make it reasonable please, I'm just getting started.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2005, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

BUMP..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

BUMP..

I'm going to pester you people until I get one!.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

In all seriousness I have a couple who have offered one to me but I can't make a decision until I find out some facts.
First I have a 2004 DS ( Standard not Baja) which brings up the question whether I can use one from a earlier model or one from a Baja or does it specifically have to be for a 04 Viper?

I;m sure some of you have gone through this situation before so any information you can give me would help keep me from making a financial blunder...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Does it have to be a woods box? if your looking for an inexpensive way out look at the procomm cdi, you can get one for under $150

Old 02-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

I've been reading allot of information about the Procomm CDI causing ignition kickback and that the RWR does not.

See the text here Procomm

Old 02-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

I believe the problem lies in the idle speed . Mine kicked back in stock form . all you have to do is turn up the idle a little to compensate for the advanced timing. Mine still kicks back once in a while when I dont let it warm up enough and the idle is down . ron woods dosent make one that will just plug in , you have to cut and solder all the wires to bike , then if you want to go back youll have to cut all the wires and plug the stock one back on and re-solder the stock connector to the bike . both of my ds's were very cold blooded . (it takes almost 5 min to warm up ) then its fine , NO KICKBACK !

Old 02-24-2005, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

SCOUNDREL,

There are no NEW ones anywhere in the USA. Because of that, I doubt anybody is going to give a used one away for very cheap. New ones are still 1-2 weeks away. But by all means, keep pestering - knock yourself out!

Old 02-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

OregonDunePatrol

I contacted RWR and they said they have them and all I need to do is specify the year and model and they will set it up for me before they ship......Cost is $298.00 + shipping It might be worth it to pay the extra $ and let them worry about wiring connections....

Old 02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
sam
Pro Rider

It might be worth it to pay the extra $ and let them worry about wiring connections....
absolutely !! I would hate the Idea of cutting and re wiring, caulk, waterproofing ect.

this kick back thing. I notice mine at start up she will cough and stall and when she does it it will sound like it had a bad fire sequence, its kinda hard to explain. she just don't die flat its kinda a pop then a real short wine from the starter or some thing. I just took it as to much fuel getting in than she wanted and it flames out.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
SCOUNDREL,

There are no NEW ones anywhere in the USA. Because of that, I doubt anybody is going to give a used one away for very cheap. New ones are still 1-2 weeks away. But by all means, keep pestering - knock yourself out!
Call Elliott right now and see if he has one to ship - I think not!