CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

March issue of ATV Action DS vs KFX

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default March issue of ATV Action DS vs KFX

Just wanted to point out how baddly the DS stomped the KFX700 ! 3 quad lengths in a 100 foot drag is pretty impressive. That's not a very long drag to be that far behind. Kawi better go to a chain instead of that shaft and auto tranny. It's good to hear praise for the DS instead of how heavy it is. I live in Fl where there aren't too many DS650's around. It's about time they get some of the well deserved respect in the atv scene.

Old 02-25-2005, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

How about them saying "when it comes time to pin the throttle the ds isn't in the same class as the predator, and raptor and get left behind"...???? Uh, Ok. Kind of like AtvSport TV saying the DS is the tippiest quad he had ridden in a long time.
Justin

Old 02-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

HAHA, yea the DS is so tippy i added +4 a-arms, prob is now it wont fit in my truck, i hope it was worth it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

That magazine has not hit newstands in our area yet, but now I at least know which ATV won the shootout. I have been hearing the Kawi guys complaining about how the KFX 700 got ripped apart in that shootout for the last few weeks, but they never said which ATV won, only that theirs lost, LOL.

Old 02-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Range Rover

I hate all the magazines.....I love my DS....And really like the Kfx 700...

Old 02-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

I can't understand these magazines. All of them agree that the DS650 is the fastest stock sportquad that you can buy, but the DS hardly gets put in the spotlight like some of the other quads???????????? Personally, it's my dream quad that I'll be getting in Dec. Until then, I envy all DS650s especially the Baja version. No brand loyalty here, just laying down the facts. Most underrated sportquad!!!!

Old 02-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

JTY2K,
So how is that KTM 525sx anyway? I had seriously thought about getting one myself, but ended up getting the YZ 250 because I liked the handling of the new aluminum frame, and because I like high revving two stroke power more than four stroke grunt when bike riding. I have never asked someone that actually owns the KTM though, so is it really as good as the magazines say it is? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Range Rover

These mags are all about the jack $$$$$$, period. Who ever forks out the most for ads gets all the spotlight and can do no wrong. Motocross Action magazine over the years illustrated that to me in a very noticiable way. For years Yamaha paid the most money so whatever they did was gold, if they didn't change a thing on a bike for 10 years it was hailed by the magazine as glorious refinement and not fixing something that isn't broke. If say, Kawasaki didn't do a total redesign every 3 years they were long in the tooth, outdated, non proactive etc etc etc. Heck Suzuki got so mad they stopped advertising with them altogether for a few years and every year they did that they got blasted to last in almost every shootout.

I only pick up the magazines for the ad content, nowadays the web is a far better choice of finding out what these bikes are like IN THE REAL WORLD"

Old 02-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Honestly, the text in the magazines is only as good as used toilet paper. At least with NEW toilet paper, or an UNPRINTED page you have the ability to put it to good use. But used toilet paper and these printed magzines, both have so much crap smeared all over them you are just better off flushing it down the drain.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

AAAAAAA MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: March issue of ATV Action DS vs KFX