CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

went to walmart to get rottella t synthetic and they dont sell it anymore-

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default went to walmart to get rottella t synthetic and they dont sell it anymore-

where else could i buy it or what other synthetic oil can i use other than the bombardier stuff that is 11 dollars a quart? walmart has mobil1 valvoline and castrol and pennzoil synthetic but im not sure which to get any suggestions? someone posted they have atv oil at walmart but me and the guy working there couldnt find any on any shelf, please help thanks

Old 02-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default went to walmart to get rottella t synthetic and they dont sell it anymore-

Try a different walmart. I have three walmart super centers in my area and only one stocks the rotella synthetic in the gallon size.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

I agree, try a different Wally World, They stock it in my area too.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was thinking of buying that oil at Wal-Mart myself, but the Wal Mart near me only had 5w30 or something like that - I didn't like the idea of watery thin oil so I didn't buy any. I did end up buying this oil since it is similarly priced and made just for ATVs - only partial synthetic though:

Bel Ray Thumper Racing at RMATV

the oil I used to use Maxima Super M is fully dino oil so I figured the Bel Ray was a bit of an upgrade. A synthetic of the same weight as a dino oil is usually a bit thinner, so I figured the 20w50 partial synthetic should be closer to the 10w40 if I was to run dino oil. The Super M i was running (20w50) worked very well though, you can buy that for a little cheaper than the Bel Ray even.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Redline racing oil.
Not the cheapest but it is the best.

Old 03-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was told that you are not supposed to run synthetic oil in your DS...

Old 03-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tinydapimp
I was told that you are not supposed to run synthetic oil in your DS...
Why not?

Old 03-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I thought that I read in my owners manual for my DS that you are not supposed to use synthetic..

Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

then why is the new bombardier oil synthetic and 11 bucks a quart?????????

Old 03-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

You can use synthetic, but it has to be rated to work with a wet clutch. If you use synthetic without the wet clutch rating it will slip. I don't know the specific rating but I read it here on an older post.

Quick Reply: went to walmart to get rottella t synthetic and they dont sell it anymore-