CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BOMBARDIER -HONDA-YAMAHA!!! THE BEST?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-1999, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHO IS THE BEST COMPANY BETWEEN HONDA, YAMAHA, AND BOMBARDIER. IN MY OWN OPINION I WOULD HAVE TO SAY HONDA THE YAMAHA IN SECOND AND BOMBARDIER IN A DISTANT LAST. BOMBARDIER WILL HAVE TO KEEP ON COMING OUT WHITH GOOD 4X4'S AND QUADS BEFORE THEY CAN COMPETE W/ THE TWO OTHER BIG NAME COMPANIES. IN ANOTHER OPINION OF MINE THE DS650 IS GOING TO BE A JOKE. SURE THE BIKE MIGHT BE A GREAT DUNER BUT WHAT ELSE CAN IT DO? I GUESS ONLY TIME WILL TELL. HONDA 4 LIFE

CHRIS400EX

Old 12-03-1999, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

RK- why rip on him, he has his opinions and so do you. give him an answer, not a one lined reply! bansheekiller- i will have to agree with you on this one, Honda has been making great quads the longest and has the best track record. Yamaha is losing thier edge on the competition, the banshee is getting outdated and soon the 2 strokes will be put to rest. they will have to put the 400YZ in a quad, that has a decent frame and good suspension. Honda is also going to have to keep increasing engine size if they are going to out horse power the DS650. maybe a 600EX would be in the line up soon?!?! Bombardier is only producing a few of the DS's so they really arent going to hurt Honda or yamaha in any way including sales! thanks!

---------------
Ranger 86 200SX

Old 12-15-1999, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Yamaha offers more atv's than Honda and their reliablity is neck and neck! Either way you go you can't go wrong with a Yamaha or a Honda! If you think that all atv's were created equal then you have never ridden a Yamaha!

Old 12-15-1999, 09:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honda and yahama relaibility neck in neck? Do you think Honda would have let that banshee air box sealing problem keep going over 10years? What a shame! (they dont care) Go buy another motor for that banshee! Honda always released very well thought out excellent handling racers that are the envy of any yahama owner.

Take away some suspension travel, the awesome handling, add some weight, and put a motor on it that pushes the limit of the sad chasis and you'll have suckers to buy it for years on end.

Go yahama!

Old 12-16-1999, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dominator,
I believe Honda did not release a high performance quad between '89-99. How can you critisize the Banshee, when it is the Banshees continued existince which may have kept the high-performance quad market alive well past the lawsuit days.

Heck, the Banshee is the uncontested ruler of the sand, yet a company, Bombardier, has targeted the banshee for Domination (hehe) in a limited market. If the DS-650 succeeds in the sand, like it did in the utility market, the woods and trails are next!

RoostKing...

I believe and Hope I can catch the 2nd wave of bad-**** quads since I missed the first wave...

[This message has been edited by RoostKing (edited 12-16-1999).]

[This message has been edited by RoostKing (edited 12-16-1999).]

Old 12-18-1999, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

200th post! I would have to say Honda and them Yamaha and the Bombardier. both Honda and Yamaha have already proven them selves. Bombardier has yet to do that.

------------------
Y2K300EX

'00 Honad 300EX '88 Quadsport 230

Old 12-20-1999, 10:52 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know why some of you guys dont like the DS. Its Bombardier first try at a sport quad and they did a pretty good job at it. And you know that they are only going to get better, Just look at the other stuff they make. SKIDOO a great snowmobile, SEADOO probally the best watercraft, with yamaha running a close second. Than you CELEBERITY boats and don't forget about those planes to. So they are definitely a company with the means to make great quads and i'm sure they will. They already have a good reputation for makeing good reliable products and i'm sure they will continue to do so.

Old 01-07-2000, 06:40 AM
Trailblazer

I agree let them have a couple of years and it hard to say what a deverside company like that will do. Look at honda, for a first try they get a thums up.

Old 01-11-2000, 07:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

A lot of you speak as if the DS650 is only going to kick it in the sand. Well wouldn't all you Yammaha/Honda riders like to add 2" to your A-arms, a 650 under the hood, and a longer swing-arm? That's basically what Bombardier has done isn't it? I'm still waiting for My DS to hit Utah, but I'm like a kid in a candy store!
I plan on riding mine anywhere, and everywhere. It may be a tank in the weight dept, but that can be overcome. It has a better turning radius than the 400EX, and better low end power of a 4 stroke. (I don't like to foul plugs all day long)
Bomb-raider

[This message has been edited by Bomb-raider (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000, 01:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm with you for about 95% of what you said Bomb-raider. I think the DS650 outlines EXACTLY what I want in an ATV, with no exceptions. I was looking for a large bore 4-stroke, so that I would have pleanty of power, and powerband of a 4-stroke. When purchasing an ATV, I was/am EXTREMELY concerned about it's dimensions, a wider, longer, ATV is EXACTLY what *I* want. I want the ATV to be stable, I don't want it to be some undersized roll over waiting to happen. I'm about 6' tall, and I took one look at a Blaster and said no way in heck! I settled for a Mojave as my first ATV because it felt stable when I thew a leg over it. That Mojave was great, but I wanted something more. Next I hot my LT250R, it's wider, and hos lots more power on tap. I think my next step will be the DS650, it's like two or three steps up in the categories that I want/need. Just like you, I plan to ride mine, anywhere and everywhere.

Now all I want to do is see one, touch it, sit on it.... ride it. Oh yeah!

------------------
-Chris Olson "The Black Hawk"

1990 CT LT250R 1987 Mojave Green&Mean

Quick Reply: BOMBARDIER -HONDA-YAMAHA!!! THE BEST?