CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds800??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds800??

I'm now asuming it's secret because your in comp. well If I can get atleast 800 and a turbo I'll be happy. By the time I get ready for all this you probably will have alot more than an 840 and you'll have alot more secret tricks. I have a ton of stuff to learn, I've just started. My future quad will only be for recreation anyway. Being in the Air Force, I won't have time for competition. I just want to do the best I can. I think I've learnt as much as I can from websites. I have to start learning from people. Anyone with helpful websites, I would appreciate if you posted them here. I may have over-looked one.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default ds800??

I started repling before i seen your post. you were talking over my head anyway on your last post

Old 08-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default ds800??

*replying

Old 08-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default ds800??

Originally posted by: sandbomber (1off custom) & (research & development soon with lock up and override!!!)
I didn't understand. you'll have to put it in Lameman's terms. Sorry, thanks.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds800??

That means there is not one done yet and his will be the first one to be done. This motor will come with the first "Lockup" & "Override" on the clutch ,for a DS 650, to keep the clutches from slipping under power....that will be a tremendous amount of horsepower to handle. It will be cutting edge technology, no doubt about that....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2005, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds800??

THe 840,not a secret but still working out the bugs and problems. Its been a long time comming but Eric and Randall has worked out every detail to date that has been a problem!!!! Im just a dumb coonazz that has been driven for years to go fast on a ds and willing to play a small roll in helping the smart guys make it happen. I dont worry about the bore size or the rod mm cuz they know what they are doing in that area. I work on set up and weight like we have done on shees for the last few years and it is paying off out on the track. I am amazed of how some of the best builders in the business still think hp can overcome setup. Today I worked with a guy that is using a set of tires I ordered last week and with a smaller motor was spanking the big boys just cuz of tire choice. Because of our heavy bikes we have to make the right choice to get the HP to the ground and with the new found 115 to 145 that these guys are comming out with it is a whole new world! We are tired of leaving to much on the table when the dust settles at the end of a race day like we did at planet sand and sandfest a couple weeks ago. Im hell bent to break into 3.99 next year with a single cyl rotax and I know hpr is working on making it happen right now. I have a 20mill that could run in the 3.3 to 3.6 next year but that dont get me excited as a 3.99 on a stock looking Ds that guys will laugh when you line up with them at the hill. Aim racing was running in the mid 3s today with that bike some of ya seen randall racing a couple weeks ago and did not blow my dress up at all but thats just me!! Guess I just like the sleepers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have my intire group of bad boy shee riding friends worried about labor day having to line up with this 800 knowing that if they dont have there A game a short bus pig will take them out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Now that liven[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sorry for the long post but I just sucked in to much race fuel today and did not even bring one of my bikes because of getting them ready for NEXT week

Old 08-28-2005, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default ds800??

Chassis set-up, weight, and power transfer to the ground will in the end come out on top I agree, many folks are finding out that it's not all in the motor, but of course it helps to have plenty h/p on tap. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds800??

Originally posted by: XR650Warrior
Chassis set-up, weight, and power transfer to the ground will in the end come out on top I agree, many folks are finding out that it's not all in the motor, but of course it helps to have plenty h/p on tap. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Not to dig up old news...but, I think there were some folks that experienced this at Aledo this year and then some other folks experienced this at the Clash of the Titans aswell. Setup done right will compensate for a good portion of h.p. any day...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just ask me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds800??

Glenn whats this about new tires. Im going to be ordering some new ones soon for my Ds and Im interested. I saw some impressive looking paddles on TheBom's 725 at Sicily. Give me some info on the new tires.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds800??

80 roleout ultra lite extremes, big tire!!! I will take a pic on bike later this week and post.

Does anyone have a 2000 drawing of wiring? My green light stays on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] after clean up of extra wires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: ds800??