CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Warning, controversial subject.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, controversial subject.

Alright I'll admit it, I drink BEER and ride[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. Granted I have never been totally plowed and rode but buzzed yes. So bring it on lets hear it, and if you want to criticize me even more just take a look at my pics........... OMG!!!!!!! OHHHH THE HUMANITY!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].

P.S. When I drink I ride on private land, other wise I dont, I do have to drive home ya know lol.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Riding buzzed is perfectly OK untill you kill someone. Thats how most people who do drink look at it. Sorry but riding an ATV is a lot of work especially at speed, and god forbid in the dunes where a tenth of a second is the diffence between plowing into another rider cresting a dune and barely missing that rider. I dont drink, but dont care if other do as long as it doesnt affect me. For those that ride buzzed, what scares me is that as your blood starts to pump from riding your alcohol intake will increase into your blood stream. Moral of the story is it wont take much to go from buzzed to $h!t faced. And since alcohol doesnt generally make people smarter I doubt you would have the common sence to stop.

When it comes to drinking wait till you are done for the day and back at camp

Aaron

Old 03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I'm pretty much a tea totaler. Before I started riding quads the family and I boated . It got to the point of us hating to be out on the river because of the drunks. We constantly heard about what a good time someone had by the CASES of beer they went through, it was scary. I don't have a problem with someone having a drink or even two, but know when to quit.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bellracing2
In Ill its called an o.u.i. in a boat
I looked at that magazine while drinking a beer on a boat!

If you don't like drinking and riding, don't be in South Florida this weekend. There is gonna be one he(( of a mud fest party by Lake Okeechobee. Sat. night, David Allan Co will be trying to remeber the words to his songs. He is the headline at this place. It will be a drunk Redneck fest.
Not me, though. I will be videoing the whole thing. It is 3 days of ATV'ing, 4X4'ing, Giant buggies, little buggies. And lot's of tities. Can I say that?
My friends bring beer with them and down a few. I can't stand the taste of them. Hell, I can't drink that much water. Some of you guys can just keep on drinking and drinking.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

here in california you can get a ticket and arrested for riding your bicycle drunk or after drinking

Old 03-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

I have no problem having a beer after a long ride. Just park the quad, lock it up, grab a lawn chair and watch the races from the parking lot. My buddy and I got a little plan - One weekend I have a beer or two - he drives back. The next weekend he has a beer or two and I drive back. Thats the way to do it!

I've seen way too many DEATHS at Sandlake over the past few years and about half of them seem to be alcohol related. If you want to get social, have a plan!

Old 03-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

when vision is blury and you see 3 trees just aim for the middle one and you might be ok.yeah i drink a few beers and ridebut i don't get $hit faced.you can be sure if you had 1 beer or 10 if you get hurt and half to go to the hospital the first thing they will say is beer was involed

Old 03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

hmmmmmmmmmmm. does drinking impair your abilities????????????lol, just kidding....I usually do the major beer drinking at the late night bon fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Crap i wanted to keep my Alcoholism a secret[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I never drink all the beer I take with me. I like to have a couple for when i get home too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

I enjoy getting my "buzz" on when I go camping sometimes...I don't haul beer with me out on the trail or into the dunes and although I can't say that I never ride while being over the <u>LEGAL</u> limit, I gotta built in buzz monitor thingy that seems to keep me out of jail and trouble...I'd hate to ruin anyone's weekend or my own because of bad judgement. Know thyself!

Quick Reply: Warning, controversial subject.