CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Warning, controversial subject.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, controversial subject.

I have a beer with lunch, i don't see the need to drink till inpairment......wow a three sylibol word.....
A friend of mine wreaked his quad on his four acre farm..he was intoxicated at the time and after he came to in the hospital, a CHP officer was there bedside writing him a DUI...after spending a bunch of money in legal fees, DUI school, and higher insurance he got the charges dropped to a wet wreakless....soooo even on your own property[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
tread lightly...or is that tip lightly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im definately against the drinking while quading after seeing my couisin down about 6 shots of yegamister and beers ,We ride on a water shed and thier are a lot of bars off the trails where we can drive right into the parking lots from the woods and we hit them all I dont drink much myself and if i do its maybe 1 beer on the way back home through the woods we have to take a short run down the pavement to his house and he was a head of me with a nother guy riding side by side and they both had way to much to drink but you cant tell anybody nothing ,so any way to make a long story short the guy in back of my cousin hit his rear wheel and he just flipped and landed on the pavement doing about 45 the guy behind him ran over him and his quad ended up on my cousin broke all his ribs broken collarbone, ruptured spleen,collapsed lung, bruised heart,had his helmit on ,lucky it was in front of a house and not the woods where we called for help ,he spent 3 weeks in hospital and probably 2 months out of work ....and completely recovered and is good as new ,,hes 45 years old ...quad was bent up to sh--t we fixed that and hes back in buisness ..Went out the last couple of weekends in the snow ..do you think he learned his lesson lol ...not really..but he only has 2 shots of tequila now ...but anyways ...if you seen the mess he was in it would make you think twice about getting sh--t faced ..it made a beleiver out of me...laters.......................

Old 03-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I drink and ride....i have never rode slobbering fall down drunk before though.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Yamaha660R
I drink and ride....i have never rode slobbering fall down drunk before though.
same goes for me but i dont drink and ride on public or others property.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

Budman , the chain is still the same . On fri and sat nites , you can hear the thunder-boats out racing around till 3 -4am. Where i was i could hear the stock cars at wilmot every weekend . Needless to say I had to move, between noise, stress , and subdivision bylaws , it was not a good place for me to be ! I've since become a CHEESE HEAD ! In Salem.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

We used to go ice fishing on Hooker Lake. Since this is a drinking thread, we used to drive up to Hooker Lake Inn when we were 16. Drinking age in WI was only 18 and we could modify our drivers licenses since they used to be paper. They called the WI/IL border, blood border. I'm much more mature now, I don't mess with my drivers license.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

I also have my hands full just keeping it together on my quad when sober - getting drunk and riding is out of the question. Not to say I might not have a beer or two and ride, but that would be it - anything more and the quad gets parked.

Old 03-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

Another con to riding drunk, alcohol thins the blood!! Alot of alcohol really thins the blood!! Bleeding externally, as a result of a crash, is not too big of a deal because you can apply pressure to the wound and get to a hospital...maybe. If you bleed internally like from a punctured lung or any of the other many ailments, you will probably lay there and die while your friends watch. I suggest that beer be taken along on the ride just for this reason then your friends will have something to do while watching you die. Take plenty - it may take a while and they'll need it to handle watching your pain.
I know its over the edge but it happened and I wish I hadn't seen it. If I ride I stay sober.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

I went to that Mudfest thing I told you about. WOW! 10,000 ATV's and swamp buggies! Almost EVERYONE plastered. EMT had their hands full. No deaths, though. I saw some sick $hit. Man is so creative. He can build things that look like they can't work but do. I saw one buggy that was 52' yes 52' long. It was a tandam axle MONSTER. Six huge monster truck tires. Everyone aboard was s-faced and naked. I saw a little mud machine that had a jet-ski mounted on it. When he was out in the mud, it looked like a jet-ski out there. He was s-faced too. I had two crown and Cokes. Okay maybe a few more but not drunk. I had to blend in.
The people on the ATV's were the worst behaved bunch I have ever seen. Drunk and stupid.
We are doing it again in 1 month!

Old 03-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Crown and coke!!! I knew I liked ya for sum reason[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]