CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Warning, controversial subject.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, controversial subject.

I never ever drink when I am at the dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] . Nahhh I save it for the last night I am there, but after my last episode I doubt there will even be that again. I for one do not aprove or riding drunk but cant say I have never done it, I regret it yes!!!

Old 03-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

like the commercials don't drink and drive.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

I like to have a few cold ones as much as anyone, but riding drunk ain't worth consequences that will most likely occur. After the ride and sitting around the campfire is when I get my groove on.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:20 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!! We had a similar thread awhile back about people riding while they were "high" and it seems as though that was more acceptable then drinking a few beers. I see no problem with having a few and taking a cruise over to comp or going for a little dune ride, as long as you aren't hammered!! Know your limits. I have more problems with the underage punks and jacka$$ adults drinking and screaming all night in camp [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 01:44 AM
Range Rover

Theres a time to get your groove on, and theres a time to ride. Rarely do those times meet. When they do, folks get hurt. I've seen both stupid people and smart drunks operate ATVs. Both tend to lack good judgement. The worst combination is a stupid drunk.

Me drinking 2-3 beers over 2-3 hours of riding pales in comparison to damage these folks cause. Plus, being a DS rider means my body weight allows me to drink 3-4 beers over 2-3 hours with no ill effects.

For what its worth, I've been to the emergency room from being stupid and from being drunk, so now I'm what they call 'wise'.

--

Old 03-17-2005, 02:29 AM
Quad Patrol

In California, It is illegal to operate a ohv vehicle, boat, car, horse or what was mentioned already, a bicycle, While Under the Influence. If you are caught, operating any of the mentioned rides, You will loose your license, your insurance will be effected. You will do mandatory time in jail (or the equivalent) Fines are around $1,500, plus legal fees, plus court fees, mandatory counseling fees, etc. You get the pictures, It's very expensive. And, if your occupation rely's on you driving, mind as well kiss that job good by.

Now, Your in camp, and your sitting on your quad having a "cold one"? Do you know, you can be cited for open container?

Use your better judgement.

Ride Safe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 04:13 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I have a hard enough time riding without beer. Not against drinking and riding myself but i have no symathy for those that do and have issues. I will not ride with some one that i believe is intoxicated.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: 14mins
I have a hard enough time riding without beer.
Thats how i feel ive wrecked enough straight add beer and id really be done.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bellracing2, how's the "chain"? Lived on Nippersink Creek for 18 years. Come on out to Havasu for some real water. We were weekend warriors on the lake until they cracked down on drinking and noise. It also affects you when your friends are killed in boating accidents. I know this is getting off the quad subject, but it all relates to the same thing. Be responsible. I admit to having a couple gustos, but I've changed over the years and so has my body, it takes longer for those bones to heal if you get hurt on your quad or worse yet, hurt someone else. I don't want to take the chance of losing everything I've worked for just to have a couple beers. I've seen people at Glamis get hauled away for drinking and the expense is staggering. I would rather put the money into my quad. Ride hard in the dunes and drink hard at camp, all you're going to do there is hurt yourself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

the first time i saw someone do a superman was at little sahara, this guy (with no helmet) shot his 400ex off the top and did a far job of landing it. it was about 10 minutes later we saw him back at camp and he could hardly even stand up!!! what an idiot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] i wonder what type of wheel chair he rides now!!

Quick Reply: Warning, controversial subject.