CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Warning, controversial subject.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, controversial subject.

Drinking and riding...lots do it. I have my vices and its not alcohol. Happy St.Pats Day lots of idiots are gearing up for tonight...fake Irish Tonight! Drunk Driving is the genetic pool skimmer...SWIM AWAY! SWIM AWAY! NEMO!
I dont drink and drive.
Oh, sidebar....Monday I had the chore of finding a childhood friend face up in his house
DEAD DEAD DEAD...YEP, DEAD. Cause...SEVERE ALCOHOLISM. I am disgusted,disappointed and mad at the WASTE(would have been 43 next week). His other friends are having a wake where "PLENTY OF ADULT BEVERAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE AND TELL STORIES ABOUT _______". I wont be there;services yes. Wake; screw it, spit.
Moderation Grasshopper.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

sorry about your friend, hippy. I'll smoke a fat one for him... and you.

Old 03-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Back in the day, we would go to Rocky Point, in Mexico, and just get completely hammered. We'd ride from bar to bar, with our girlfriends on the back of our bike's. No one would wear helmets...as a matter of fact, the girls would generally hold onto a beer for us while we were riding. I can remember ripping down the beach like this on my 'Zilla...just wasted.... No one ever crashed...though we did have some close calls. I think back, and wonder how we lived thru it...just dumb luck I guess. I never ride without a helmet anymore...it's probably been at least 8 years since I rode without a helmet.
I used to get pretty smoked at the dunes too. we'd party from about 9am, until we passed out. We'd generally take it easy, then as the day progressed, we'd get pretty hammered.
I don't drink in the dunes at all anymore. I don't really ever drink at all anywhere..I think I've had 2 beers in the last year.
I'll watch the group I hang out with, and wonder why no one's been killed yet....these are professional folks, who generally think pretty rationally, until you add booze. One of my buddy's just picked up a long travel SandLimo, and on his first trip out, had to run from the cops after the sand drags... The cops apparently sat and watched them suck down beers, then when everyone started clearing out, the cops waited for them to get in the rail. My buddy took off, and ended up getting away from them. In doing this, he blew a tire, ruined a rim, and sat in the dunes for a couple hours to wait for darkness to fall. (That's just one example of many regarding the group I go with.)
This guy has a wife, a 2 year old son, and a business that is kicking @ss. The alcohol just caused so much unnecessary turmoil, had he been sober, it would have been a much better experience.
After stopping this behavior myself, and taking a step back, it's so dangerous, and careless to even have 1 beer and put someone else's life at risk.......
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I was once one of the A-holes that didn't take into consideration anyone else that was either riding with me, or around me. Had I killed some one's child...
I just don't think alcohol and ATV's mix... Guess I could've just said that in the beginning, huh...lol.
Sorry if I was too long winded...
J

Old 03-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hi, My name is Bruce.

Welcome to the forum, Bruce

Old 03-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
like the commercials don't drink and drive.
Join me after and lets have a crown Bill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

LOL...no doubt!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Silver Patron is another good one Glenn!

Old 03-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 6-pack cooler rack on my quad and when me and a friend go on a long ride we take a six pack with us. About ever hour we will stop have a beer and a snack and bull crap about the ride and home life. We never get drunk or over do it, but a beer on the trail is nice sometimes.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrol
Silver Patron is another good one Glenn!
After around 10pm its all good Mark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Kinda like the ugly chick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Heh, drinking and riding...heh. Personally i dont drink being im only 17. Dont plan on it at all either, ill just kill myself with the amount of pepsi i drink first (you know the saying, die young and have a good looking corpse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) but the group i ride with does drink alot. its usually my dad, my uncle, and some friends. well the only one that gets truly hammered is my uncle. give him a couple beers, and we got us some entertainment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]. but overall, after watching our crew, i really suggest do not drink and drive... only reason they drink is cuz its on our own land

Quick Reply: Warning, controversial subject.