CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

senser on the left handlebar?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default senser on the left handlebar?

on clutch side i see a small senser im just wondering if it was a cluch senser for starting or if it had something to do with parking brake like the warriors ? i know its prob a stupid question but any help would b great.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

I believe that prevents the bike from starting when it's in gear without pulling in the clutch.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Range Rover

thanks alot. it will only start with the cluch pulled in so im assuming that the senser is working correctly. we had a warrior at are sysle shop and it wouldnt rev past 1\4 throttle(just like my ds) and we discovered the problem to be the parking brake senser was malfucnctining. oh well the prob is 100% most likely in the carb as i originaly thought.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Devil, what are the symptoms your experiencing with your bike?

Old 03-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Range Rover

whats goin on is the bike fires and idles (sometimes) but as soon as you go to give it some gas it hits the wall. not nessicarly dead but it wont revv up. i run a tm45 that i pulled apart and cleaned up, but it seems to be starving for fuel.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Mine is doing the same thing, only I have the stock carb.....I've been busting my b@lls for months trying to figure it out. It starts fine, and most of the time will idle. I can even ride it sometimes, then all of the sudden it will fall on it's face, and start puking out. Oldmanracing mentioned "slide flutter" in a post, and after talking with him, I think this may be my issue. My carb spring is way too short, so I have a '05 spring on order.
I don't know how the TM45 works, but if this is a possibility, you may want to look into it.
Good luck!!!
J.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Range Rover

sry to hear freak if you need it i have a really good vc tuning site somewhere on this comp. i think we've gotten my carb figured out. the tm's use a push rod off the throttle linkage to activate the acc pump. this is missing. and sam seems to think my prob is def from lack of acc pump.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I've read they can be a pain without that accl pump. Good luck, I hope your riding soon!!!
J.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

When my DS was doing the same thing I just replaced the plugs and it hasn't happened since. Maybe try that, just an idea. There was also a time when I had a little piece of sand clogging one of my jets, I took it to the dealership and let them take it apart and clean it so I wouldn't take the chance of voiding the warranty.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I thought about plugs too. I changed them out twice, and have had my carb apart a couple of times thru out the entire ordeal. I measured my carb spring, and found it was too short. I think the guy that had the bike before me had already cut it, and I didn't realize it. When I measured it, it was right at 2 1/2 inches. Oldmanracing said that spring has to be at least 3 1/8 to 3 7/8.
I ordered a new '05 spring which should be here today, or tomorrow. I really hope it's the cure to my issue!!!
J.

Quick Reply: senser on the left handlebar?