CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raptor owner afraid of DS650 piloted by 59-year-old man!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2000, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know if it was from a person that showed ANY kind of intelligence, I would have taken that as an insult. But, coming from you, I just take it as a simple comment from an uneducated, simple-minded and mentally handicapped individual. It's really quite sad, I feel sorry for you, to have to live with yourself everyday, almost as sorry for the fact that you are stuck riding a Banshee. J

Honestly though, the Banshee is a fairly decent ATV, with modifications to compensate for it's shortcomings. Unfortunately, modifications on the riders of said ATV's are much harder to accomplish and usually don't have very noticeable results.

Old 09-29-2000, 11:19 AM
Trailblazer

Ouch! That hurts! Please stop! The Banshee is "KING" and Leech, you are a wannabe! YAMAHA RULES! Accept it!

Old 09-29-2000, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yamaha seems to do fairly decent with musical instruments, but as of yet, I have not seen anything that they produce rule over comparable products from other companies. Maybe in the 200cc two stroke ATV class and the 350cc two stroke ATV class, but, they are the only ones in those specific classes. Of course, you can't even consider either a specific class, since to do so, there would have to be others of similar design to designate a specific class. As ATV's in general go, the only thing that those two ATV's rule at is being stomped on by DS650's.

If you read my first post in this thread, you would see that someone that should be a member of the AARP humiliated one of your precious Banshee buddies! He's old and had I been there, the guy probably would've been really smoked, since I go faster and ride more extreme than my dad would.

That said, it's now your turn to sound like a broken record and say "Yamaha Rules". Why don't you come up with some data to back up your claims!?!? Do they sell more ATV's then everyone else? Do they win more races than other ATV's? Have they won more awards from the industry?

I didn't think so. If any ATV manufacturer rules, it would be Honda or Polaris. Those two companies sell more ATV's then anybody else. Honda wins more races, has won more awards and generally need less maintenance, is more reliable and has better ergonomics then any Yamaha ever made.

Old 09-29-2000, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

You own a second rate quad, manufactured by a second rate company! Even YOU don't mention Bombardier in your typically long winded and Clintonesque diatribe. YAMAHA RULES! ACCEPT IT!

Old 09-29-2000, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Because I am not a one tracked minded fool like you. I KNOW that my DS650 smokes stock and some modified Banshees from personal experience. I don't have to go to the Yamaloser forum and spout a bunch of crap to make myself feel better about owning a Bombardier. So far, nobody has produced an ATV that I'd be willing to trade the DS650 for.

If Honda does indeed make a 650EX, I will consider it if:
1) It has reverse
2) It has comparable suspension to the DS650
3) Aluminum frame like the two wheeled version (bonus [Maybe. I'm still debating on the long term effects of an aluminum frame], not a requirement)
4) Steel (Chromolly!?!?!) spindles, a-arms and trailing arm, not aluminum!

The only reason I would consider trading for a 650EX is the fact that Honda makes high quality, most of the time, ATV's, and some of the issues with the DS650 would probably not have ever come up. Honda has tons of money for R&D and they use it. Yamaha pockets the money from ATV sales and develops dirt bikes. Honda does this too, but at least they make more changes and improvements to their line of ATV's. Otherwise, we would still only have 250X quads to choose from for a Honda!

I won't buy anything from Yamaha until they start investing more money and thought into their designs and put an effort into producing a quality product. With the introduction of the Raptor, it just proves this, seeing an "improved" air filter based on the same stupid idea, the same suspension (which is marginal at best) from the Banshee, trying to combine steel components with aluminum with welds (not a very good idea) and making weak aluminum upper a-arms to save three pounds!

Suzuki and Kawasaki aren't even trying. Polaris has shoddy frames and long term durability.

Cannonade has yet to be seen.

Old 09-29-2000, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

Aren't your fingers tired yet? Why don't you just write a book? I already have a title for you, "Ravings of a Mad Bomber." YAMAHA RULES! Accept it!

Old 09-29-2000, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Do you even read YamaloserBill? BansheepBill? I can stoop to your level, if that's all you understand.

I take by your response, you have NO valid reply, so you claims are totally unjustified.

Enough said.

Old 09-29-2000, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer

What's the matter Leech, run out of "facts" and convoluted reasoning? Never thought that I would see the day! Go soak your fingers. Might as well soak your head as well - if you can pry it out of your butt, that is. Your're too easy. I'll be see'n ya! Have a NICE day!

YAMAHA RULES! ACCEPT IT!

Old 09-29-2000, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

CRTLeech,
You can't win, talking to a half wit.
Everyone can see the Yamaha mentality is deep seeded, and not up to an intelligent debate.
Sort of like trying to make sense out of Democrats,
Smile

Old 09-29-2000, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

BansheeBill,
I have to laugh my butt off everytime you say something. I mean leech is saying things that make sence, and are Justified. You have the dumbest most pethetic Reply's in the world. You say Leech has run out of convoluted reasoning, well i'm sure he has plenty more, but we are waiting to hear your side of it? What is your reasoning? Dont reply with some really lame *** answer either, make it half worth our time to read it. Seriously man, your comebacks are making you look like the biggest *** in the world. Now lets see how he replys' to this

Quick Reply: Raptor owner afraid of DS650 piloted by 59-year-old man!