CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raptor owner afraid of DS650 piloted by 59-year-old man!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, I haven't broken anything on my DS.

No, I wasn't there for Memorial Day Weekend, since I stay away from the dunes on big weekends, since it's usually full of drunken idiots and overcrowded. Though, now days, for Moses Lake to be overcrowded is quite rare.

Yup, I know where Beverly is, been riding there for 15 years. Can't say anything about the races with other people, since I wasn't there.

As far as your race with the DS, well, you are running modified rig. I have only been talking about stock setups. Most of the people with DS650's haven't even fine tuned the suspension or carberation. So, most of the DS's are not running to their full potential. I know mine isn't and I still beat a Banshee that had a thirty foot head start due to my carb was puking.

Like many people say, it's not just the ATV, it's rider skill. I have NOT said that the DS will beat every Banshee or Raptor out there. So, give it a break.

Why is it pieces?

Old 10-06-2000, 01:36 AM
LDJ
Pro Rider

I think you meant why is it in pieces. I took it a apart and got the frame powdercoated, and now I am slowly putting it together. Then in November my 426 kit, and yeah you are right about the drunks at moses lake, because of them only 500 vehicals are allowed on big weekends.

Old 10-06-2000, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Cool. I have been thinking about doing that for my 350X, when I restore that.

Yea, Moses Lake can be pretty crowded and rowdy, but it's nothing compare to what it used to be like back in the mid to late 70's! Back when the sand rails dominated the dunes because the only ATV's were Honda 90's and dirt bikes were about 350 pounds.

I remember trying to sleeping and people were using our "RV" as a turning point for their night races through the camp grounds. Back then, the place was a lot more crowded and they had the camping down by the south eastern part of the beach.

It's a shame that they let the farmers encroach on the dunes and take about half of them away and haven't done any improvements, besides the outhouse that took twenty+ years to get. It would be nice to see something like the Oregon dunes done to Moses Lake, though, it's probably too small to draw enough people to make money on it's own, it is what we pay for with our ORV tabs. I would think that with all the money spent on ORV tabs in this state there would have been plenty of money by now to do something like that. It's not as if they spend it on any kind of trail systems or improvements, besides maybe Tahoulia (spelling?) and Olympia.

Old 10-13-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

MY ***?????

Old 10-13-2000, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

YOU SHOULD CHECK YOUR S**T GAGE I THINK IT'S FULL

Old 10-13-2000, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

A REVERSE DON'T BELONG ON A RACING QUAD

Old 10-13-2000, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

IF YOUR YAM DID NOT BREAK IT'S CAUSE YOU RIDE LIKE A ***** YOU SHOULD COME UP HERE I'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO RIDE,IT WILL BREAK

Old 10-13-2000, 10:48 PM
Trailblazer

Congratulations Wooofe! You're a bigger a**h**e than Leach. Sorry Leach, seems like you can't even be #1 when it comes to being an a**h**e! You ride a second rate quad (Dog S**t650) from a third rate country! By the way Leach, I wouldn't waste my time kicking your a**! I'd kick your old fart of a fathers a**! He does all your riding, probably does all of you fighting too! Except when your at your keyboard! Although he probably has to help you spell the big words!

Old 10-13-2000, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Wooof! Make you a deal. You teach me how to ride a quad and I'll teach you how to ride your mother! Dipwad! Of course, being from Canuckland you probably don't need any help on that subject either.

By the way, was your post written in French/English, or are you just a nitwit? Eh!

Old 10-14-2000, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Leach,
I didn't say that the Banshee is a great bike and the Dog S**t650 is a piece of crap. I said that the Banshee is a great bike and YOU are a piece of crap!

Quick Reply: Raptor owner afraid of DS650 piloted by 59-year-old man!