CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Elka on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elka on ebay

Did anybody see the quad rate front Elka Elite shocks for $895? I wrote the guy and he says he was on team Mountain Dew for what I think was the Baja 1000.
I want them for my quad. When I went to purchase----- they were bought by a negitive feedback buyer. The feedback is BAD and says the buyer is an African scam. So I emailed the guy again and told him if it doesn't work out, let me know. I want them.
Well he has responded and says yes, if the transaction is a no go, he will sell to me.
How should I go about it to protect myself from being scammed? Payment is personal check or money order. They are NOT on ebay any longer.
Also, He says I should buy the rear too but it is for an 04 swing arm. I would have to mod it to make it work. The guy reads very knowledgable about our sport/hobby.
Anyway, I would save about $800 for the fronts if I buy them from him. They were only used 5 days and are in perfect condition.
Thx fellers

Old 04-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Elka on ebay

If it doesn't work out with the other guy, just have him send you a "second chance offer" from Ebay. That will cover you just as if you won it the first time.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Elka on ebay

If I get these, I am going to lower the front end. Won't the rear be sticking up? Can I lower it?

Old 04-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Elka on ebay

Maybe I asked wrong. I will be installing the Elka elite's in the front. I don't have enough for the rear yet. Can I install them with no problems or do I have to lower the stock rear accordingly? Can that even be done?
I've read that the rear is actually a good shock and can be re-worked. True? To match what will be on the front?
If so, approx how much is the re-working?

Old 04-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Elka on ebay

I have the basic Elka shocks, but it's the same body, etc. You can raise the front end by adjusting the preload collar on the shock. It will take the plushness out of the ride, but it can be done.
The rear is a good unit, and after you get it reworked, will really compliment the front shocks.
If you can get them for that price, and they suite you, then I'd go for it!!!
J.
Edit: The rear will stick up if you don't raise the front. You can lower the rear by adjusting the preload, but will bottom out your quad alot easier. If your not hitting the sky, you can probably get away with it until you rework the rear.