CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

wisconsin sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wisconsin sucks

".......Cali was the original anti gun state. ............." That way all the criminals and cops have all the guns !!

Probably the BEST reason not to live in Cali-forn-i-a !!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Its funny how the laws work....in mn my 10 year old daughter can legally ride a 450 motorcross bike on the trail, but not a 250 bayou. Its probably due to the attention the atvs recieve and how the motorcyclists keep under the radar. Seems like anytime the government gets invovled...things get worse.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Thank goodness we don't have those laws in Texas. I'm sure if people here don't start being a little more responsible we will have them soon though. I have seen 7 and 8 year olds on 600cc 4x4 quads. I even saw an 8 year old last summer on a hopped up raptor. These kids weren't big for their age either. Stuff like that is whats going to bring those laws to us eventually.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Yep, I've seen what your saying Texaspsycho!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

That's bull. Where is the personal responsibility? Yea, it's a mistake for kids to be on quads that big but damn, this country is throwing personal responsibility out and making laws for every aspect of our life. We shouldn't have to regulate with such minute detail because of a couple of boneheads doing stupid things. If they allow their kids to ride it, then they assume the responsibility and consequences of their actions. Or, should we also mandate seat belts and roll cages?

Old 04-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Originally posted by: LowRecoil
That's bull. Where is the personal responsibility? Yea, it's a mistake for kids to be on quads that big but damn, this country is throwing personal responsibility out and making laws for every aspect of our life. We shouldn't have to regulate with such minute detail because of a couple of boneheads doing stupid things. If they allow their kids to ride it, then they assume the responsibility and consequences of their actions. Or, should we also mandate seat belts and roll cages?
those boneheads create lawsuits that can shut a busniness down if they don't have the capital to handle a major lawsuit because some idiot can't read, stuck his 4 year old on a banshee that was running, and the kid went off a cliff. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ makes the world go 'round............

Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

^@^@&%!#%$&*lawyers ruin this country with that crap. For some people, they try to expose themselves to harm in order to win the lottery lawsuit. I had an employee of mine that did that with his infant (fired him soon thereafter). You dont need warnings, just common sense. For many people, their head is a decoration instead of a tool.

Old 04-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Originally posted by: LowRecoil
That's why there needs to be a requirement that legislators have a full time job in addition to their job as a legislator so when they are working on legislation, it will be important issues, not some of this restrictive crap that comes out of nowhere. It's worse in my state on many levels. We have to use spill proof gas containers that don't work, but cost $10 more than the old containers, and have more gun laws than most states in the US. These legsilators have too much time on their hands.
sorry about your gun laws, come to AZ, you can walk into the walmart with your Glock strapped to your side. I think this age thing with atv's is out of control. It should have started with parental supervision, but I think that's where some of the problem is and there are more kids out there that should be supervising their parents. The majority of us adults who put our kids on big quads, have taken the time and effort to train and respect the vehicle they are driving. It's always that small percentage that creates the most problems for us.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Under 12 can ride "small atv under 90cc"

At least 12 and born after 1-1-88 . Can ride any sized machine AFTER taking atv safety class and getting certification.

16 on are considered "adult"

Link to regs:
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/es/enforcement/DOCS/ATVRegs.pdf

Old 04-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

It's kinda funny that you brought this up right now. I have to get up for court here in another couple of hours for a case that is very relative to this conversation. Back in Sept of 04 there was a 11 yr old who was riding daddy's 660 Grizzly with his 6 yr old sister on the back, "unsupervised of course", and just so happened to make it out onto a main road. The kids on the Grizzly hit the side of a house on this road and both were killed instantly. I was on my way to work and heard the call go out, so I hauled a$s over there and was the first on scene, and I can tell you it really, really made me think about letting my kids ride at all. Of course my children are always supervised, but just that split second and your whole world is never the same. The point of this story is that the father let his child ride the bike with his sister and the SAO has since filed charges of manslaughter on this father, who really seems like a good, hard working guy, just made a bad judgement call, but will now probably serve at least 10 years in a federal prison. These are the kinda things that really tear are organization apart. Since this incident they have started a ATV wolf pack. It consists of 20 Officers on ATV's that do nothing but harass everyone. I hate to say it, but a lot of the laws we put upon ourselves. "not us personally", but as a whole. I don't know what the happy medium is, but I really hate to see little kids like that hurt. I think as long as there are idiots out there our childrens atv lifestyles will be dismal. I will post after court and tell you guys what happened.

Quick Reply: wisconsin sucks