CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

wisconsin sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wisconsin sucks

i was just told last night that the new law here in wisconsin is that until a child is 16 years of age they can't ride anything bigger than a 90cc atv. at the age of 12 they can take a saftey course and then can ride with an adult on the trails but still nothing larger than 90cc[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] but no trail riding at all til 12. when i was 15 i weighed 200 lbs and was 6' tall my son is looking like a carbon copy of myself (goofy looking circus clown riding a 90 scramber you think) the best part is i just traded his 250ex for a 400ex(he's 9 years old) picking it up thursday he fits on it great he's big for his age!! oh well i guess we'll just have to be outlaws and ride like the wind around the dnr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] thank god the states with sand don't have the same laws.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Hey Jeffroe,

Im not sure where you heard that, but last I heard, this law had failed to pass. Maybe someone has their info mixed up. Our fancy pants politicians have been trying to get that passes for 2 plus years now, but it has never made it thru. Although, it is ILLEGAL for anyone under 12 to race an ATV. As your probably familiar with the Monkey Butt drags in Janseville, we get around that by attaching a swimming noodle to the back of the kids quads to get them wider than 50 inches. ( the law is 50" wide minimum for under 12) . Anyway, I hope your info is wrong. My sons Lt80 with a stroker kit is going to be disapointed on May 1st if he cant race his machine.

Gary

Old 04-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

a guy i know told me this last night i hope he's wrong, not that my son was legal on his 250ex but i was hoping that when he turns 12 he could take the test and then ride legal. thanks for the info dstroyer.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Isnt that law the same as the one for the snowmobiles? Back in the late 70s I had to pass the saftey course to get my " license". I was 14 at the time. Do they still have that law? I was able to run any size sled at the time, there were no restrictions that way.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

yes i think for snowmobiles you just can't ride til 12 i think? then after a saftey test you can.

Old 04-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

And then your allowed to ride the trails on as big of a sled as you want?!?

But the ATVs your limited to 90cc ??

That aint right ..... I wonder who thought up that one.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

i started logan my son at 4yrs old ice racing in the pee-wee class and we had a ball, he ran pee-wee i ran studded class then the dnr stepped in and said no one under 12 can operate an atv on a frozen water way. so we quit ice racing(he was my excuse to race every sunday) sold his little 90 polaris and replaced it with a 250ex which worked very well in fact i felt much safer having him on that 250 than i ever did on the 90cc. so now i guess you can run under 12yrs old on the ice with foam extenders and the same for dirt drags but it's to late for my son (i'm not buying another mini) he's 9 and weighs 100 lbs already. we have alot of fun in the dunes and are heading out to saint anthony and little sahara utah this summer and he will have plenty of zip with the new 400ex. SCREW THE DNR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
i was just told last night that the new law here in wisconsin is that until a child is 16 years of age they can't ride anything bigger than a 90cc atv. at the age of 12 they can take a saftey course and then can ride with an adult on the trails but still nothing larger than 90cc[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] but no trail riding at all til 12. when i was 15 i weighed 200 lbs and was 6' tall my son is looking like a carbon copy of myself (goofy looking circus clown riding a 90 scramber you think) the best part is i just traded his 250ex for a 400ex(he's 9 years old) picking it up thursday he fits on it great he's big for his age!! oh well i guess we'll just have to be outlaws and ride like the wind around the dnr[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] thank god the states with sand don't have the same laws.
SSSHHHHHHHHHHH, Don't give our California Legislators any ideas!

At least you don't have Illegal Aliens using emegency rooms for medical attention, not paying their bills, making the hospitals close their doors!
And you don't go to home depot to pick up cheap labor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

That's why there needs to be a requirement that legislators have a full time job in addition to their job as a legislator so when they are working on legislation, it will be important issues, not some of this restrictive crap that comes out of nowhere. It's worse in my state on many levels. We have to use spill proof gas containers that don't work, but cost $10 more than the old containers, and have more gun laws than most states in the US. These legsilators have too much time on their hands.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default wisconsin sucks

Originally posted by: LowRecoil
That's why there needs to be a requirement that legislators have a full time job in addition to their job as a legislator so when they are working on legislation, it will be important issues, not some of this restrictive crap that comes out of nowhere. It's worse in my state on many levels. We have to use spill proof gas containers that don't work, but cost $10 more than the old containers, and have more gun laws than most states in the US. These legsilators have too much time on their hands.
you can thank the State of California for both of those laws you have. The gas can law is for not having to get the EPA involved every time someone spills gas. Cali was the original anti gun state.

Quick Reply: wisconsin sucks