CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Birdseye view of your favorite riding area

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birdseye view of your favorite riding area

You're probaby missing a plugin or something. Try Mozilla Firefox, it's better anyway.

http://www.mozilla.org

http://www.spreadfirefox.com

Old 04-07-2005, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

what is that blackhawk? is it gonna put some ads on my pc?

Old 04-07-2005, 02:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mozilla Firefox is a new web browser that doesn't have the security flaws that are built into Microsoft Internet explorer. If you want to avoid all of the ads and pop ups use Firefox. If you already have spyware, it can't fix that but you wont get spyware from the internet if you are using Firefox.

I've used it since long before it was even released, it has always worked very, very well.

Check out this link from the office of homeland security that recomends not using Internet Explorer:

(Scroll down until you see "Use a different web browser")
http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/713878

I own my own company fixing PCs and networks - none of my clients who use Mozilla have ever had a relapse of spyware after permanently kicking Internet Explorer out the door.

!!!DO NOT UNINSTALL INTERNET EXPLORER!!! While not using Internet Explorer is good, trying to uninstall it will only ruin your microsoft based computer.

On a side note, anyone who browses forums like these NEEDS a web browser with 'tabbed browsing!!!' tabbed browsing will save you hours. (Open the Bombardier forum in your first tab, right click each thread you want to read and select open in new tab, once you have all the threads you want to read open just start reading.

Old 04-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Pro Rider

hey blackhawk not to sound stupid but if i have firefox then I wont need to open ie anymore to get in the net? can i download firefox then try it to see if i like it? thanks

Old 04-07-2005, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

wow that really cool blackhawk, I like it thanks

Old 04-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Thats pretty cool! But some parts of the map have not been updated in over a year!

Just think ... this kind of resolution is nothing compared to what the Defense Department uses!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

jackass,

Glad you like it. Once you start using it; it really is addicting.

Prozack,

You are right - they could probably see you stepping out your front door to go to the car in the morning if they wanted to; and then if you scratch your nuts they'll know that too!

Old 04-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Prozack
Thats pretty cool! But some parts of the map have not been updated in over a year!

Just think ... this kind of resolution is nothing compared to what the Defense Department uses!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Keep in mind that Google just released this feature on Monday. The technology comes from a company called Keyhole Corporation that Google acquired late last year. Before you know it other online competitors (i.e. Mapquest) are going to jump on board as well and start offering similar mapping services. When that happens I think you will start seeing companies trying to one-up each other by offering better coverage and better resolution. There are some issues in regards to privacy however that have been stirred up as a result of these satellite photos that may limit what the public will ultimately be able to see. Give it some time and it will get better...

Old 04-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Ohh I have no doubt it will get better! I already love it!

The Wife and I are takin a trip to Chula Vista and I was able to see where the park is in relation to the water ... VERY COOL!!
Shoot you can see how close everything is in relation to where your staying !

Old 04-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

Terraserver used to be free a few years ago but now you have to pay to get a really close view. Just like everything else in the world I guess. I had a shot of my house from terra server and you could almost make out what type of car was parked in the driveway. Thried to locate Rabbit creek on the Goggle but I'm not sure if I'm looking t the park or someones pasture, they look the same around here.

Quick Reply: Birdseye view of your favorite riding area