CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dunefest 2005

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunefest 2005

SCOUNDREL,

All the dune campsites in Oregon for nearly every weekend for the rest of the summer are sold out - everywhere! Thats a good thing for our sport. Last year DuneFest was a ghost town compared to the other dune sites. In the past, everyone camped out on the dunes. The last time I checked, there were new restrictions on that. So, its only natural that the regular campsites would fill up.

Old 05-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

The only thing I had a problem with was the search!!!!!! They found my crown last year and I was not happy. Had to pour it into 2 liter coke bottles to moon shine it back in!!! he he he I will be there this year only cuz I have azzes to spank[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I would not mis the drag racing for the world. I hope to be running the hpr840 and Im building a bad bad bad shee but I dont have a clue if it will be finished for the race or not. I live all year waiting for sand fest so I will be there racing as sober as a preacher but if ya come by my camp in the evening come to have a crown with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Default Dunefest 2005

Originally posted by: sandbomber
but if ya come by my camp in the evening come to have a crown with me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
UUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM...............OK [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2005, 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

ODP,

As I said, it's not that I agree with the rules, I can just see where they are coming from, in part.
I hate to see this stuff happen also...
It's not the alcohol that causes the problem..... It's the bafoons that don't drink responsibly.
It's not the gun that commits the crime...... It's the idiot that pulls the trigger.......
From my understanding though, the alcohol ban will not be just at DuneFest. I thought it was at most of the riding areas. The Rangers at Sand Lake said there was going to be a total ban on alcohol, not allowed at all in the parking lot or the campground ??????????

At least it sounds like they are backing off the searches [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I see your point. You live down there and see the issues, and may understand, what is going on more than some of us that are not familar with it.
I have no doubt that you are probably right with some of your points. And yes, it's a shame.......
I hate Freakin politics.................

It's no wonder those Motorcoach areas are sold out.........
They can have alcohol in those areas........ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good Luck, Have Fun, and keep up the fight..............

SandB, gonna whoop up on somebody are ya????????????
I have no doubt about that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So how long were you balled up in the corner, in the fetal position, sucking your thumb after they found your most prized CROWN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Did you tell them that wasn't very nice.......hehehehehe

Have fun, and show them boyz and girlz a good whoopin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

Sean you know how it is, I might go out there and get whooped!!!!! I DONT CARE cause its all fun. I have a twister 20mill shee in the works and if it runs like some that were down in La. its going to be a hand full!!!!!!!!!! If my hpr840 is complete and we can get it shiped back by then, there is going to be sum roosten going on!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Just checking to see if I can get sum smack talked going!!!!! Come on who is going to pull all the stops for sand fest this year, lets hear it!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

Yup yup..............
Playing in the sand is just plain fun, as long as your doing it.....waahooooo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
If your out playin, that means your not sitting around work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Do a little whoopin, get a little whoopin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It's all fun no matter what.............
I'm sure you'll give them all a run for their money............
It's gonna be a hoot down there..............

Old 05-10-2005, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

Gee,

All that talk about how great this year's event is going to be. All that work alot of us did to change things for the better. I hope you all that are skeptical about the event this year give it another shot. There is alot of change for the good (for us that ride), and alot more to do at this year's Dunefest. Some people are spending ALOT of their FREE time, that's right, some riders are giving their time away for free!!!! to make this a better event for all. And some really big business is spending alot of $$$ to make this an event we will enjoy, all of us, even our families!

No, Dunefest is not a guinea pig for new ATV regulations. No, your ATV funds do not go to building highway bridges. They buy, build and maintain the trails and riding areas USED BY US! And the alcohol ban is just the same at any other riding area in the state, for any given weekend. No alcohol in the sand outside of ESTABLISHED camping areas.

And the reason for that? Go ride around where the sandcampers have left their camp garbage, and you will know why when your tire goes flat from a broken bottle. Yep, those irresponsible ones did that for you. If there is a problem, you can believe that their will eventually be a resolution that everyone will not agree with. And that was it. Eliminate the biggest producer of Glass on the dunes...beer bottles. So there it is. No alcoholes (deliberate) in the sand. And unfortunately the rest of us, the responsible ones, lost one battle there.

I hope to see all of you at Dunefest this year. Ive stepped up to the plate to help out at the event. To make it more fun for all. And I will be glad to share a beer with ya at the beer garden, no problem.

Ride on!

The Bear

Old 05-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

is it even posible to just show up for a day trip and get a spot? or would I be waisting my time to even try at this point?

Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

Yes Bus there is parking for day users, no problem in the past. Last year there was plenty parking in the pits also cuz they would not let us park there like in the past.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

DSX,

The Dunefest rules pretty clearly stated that no alcohol is allowed in the paved parking lots. This is in fact different from the standard Oregon rules which do allow them in the paved parking lots. Im not trying to start anything, I just want to clarify the point you are making. It is good that they do allow alochol in the RV sections.

PS - If there is actually a beer garden this year, then that would be a very good thing. I'll have to search that and find out if your info is correct on that.

Marky

Quick Reply: Dunefest 2005