CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

chain guard

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chain guard

Originally posted by: DesertViper
1surveyor,
The stock skid plate is pretty good on a DS 650. Most of us that ride in rocky areas (desert racing) use 22" rear tires anyway, so ground clearance is quite good. I've owned three DS 650s in the last five years, and have never used an aftermarket swingarm skid plate. I have only bent one rear sprocket in five years, so in my opinion an aftermarket swingarm skid plate on a DS 650 is just a pretty boy decoration type mod.
You obviously haven't rode with me....lol ..... I went to Stoddard Vally and I hit a half dozen times however I am running the stock 20" tires. I live close to the mountains and deserts so I also ride mountains but I use 22" tires. However even then I hit on occasion....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] of course I'm following Jeeps.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default chain guard

I agree with scoundrel, I just put a DG on mine (DON"T get by the way, I lost about 1 1/2 inches of ground cleanance! Its comming off). When I took the stock ones off the they had HUGE chuncks out of it. It affords little protection to the center of the wing arm. They really only protect the chain and rotor. The "new" one I have order (should be here todat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) is this one by Moose Racing. Here is a link.

On another note. We were just trying to have fun, man lighten up a little. This is suposed to be fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Moose Swing Arm Protector

Old 04-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default chain guard

If rocky mountain has any left, they had armadillo on sale and it's one of the few that are .250 thick. I don't know where you can find smart a$$ comments other than this forum. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default chain guard

thanks for ya'lls info.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default chain guard

Is there a way to put playing cards in your wheels to make the ds sound like a Harley........lmao, just kidding.lmao

Old 04-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default chain guard

Originally posted by: w1ngnut
Is there a way to put playing cards in your wheels to make the ds sound like a Harley........lmao, just kidding.lmao
YES as a matter of fact there is. Here is the instructions:

Take 6 new playing cards and fold the last 1/2" over at 90 Deg. Place each of the cards on the axle with the folded portion against the axle no more then 3 inch's from the brake rotor. Using Duct tape, tape each of the cards 1/2" flap against the axle, equally spaced around the axle. Once you have done this take a 6" piece of wooden dowel and attach it to the top of the brake caliper so that it reaches the mid portion of the affixed cards, secure in place. Jack up the swing are and rotate the wheels to ensure proper alignment and the tone is equal to that of the Harley Davidson. If your not sure if the sound matches that of the HD, then follow one on the road and tape record the sound. I don't suggest following too closely you may get shot!... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Hope this helps.....lol