CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Has anyone riden the Miami Trail in Oakhurst?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone riden the Miami Trail in Oakhurst?

Has anyone riden the miami trail in oakhurst with their bombardier ds650? I have heard the camping and riding is pretty good and worth the 300 miles one way. What do you guys think?

Old 04-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Quad Patrol

A few of us from here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] rode up there a couple weekends ago. Had a blast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I was only up there for a Saturday. BlackandRedwarrior, powerstroke01, mywifesquad and 700sportsman were all there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] too. There was a ds650 in the group, I think his name was Jim[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]Not sure of his forum name (or if he's in this forum) Anyways, he was a little wide on a few of the trails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, I think for the most part, he did well. Majority of his problems (I think) was from the ruts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] We had a blast, you can get real technical trails, high speed on the fire roads. Lots and lots of trails. There is also a lot of single track for m/c, Just ask mywifesquad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] that's what he rides[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

B&R and powerstroke ride up there all the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure they will pipe in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] when they see your thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They will be more then happy to tell you all about it. If you stay for a few days, I'm sure the drive will be worth it. You could even visit Yosemite, (Without the quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) seeing your only 7 miles form the south gate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] B&R and powerstroke can probably give you coordinates for views into Yosemite[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If you go, make sure you post it. We are all looking for a reason to go back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 03:24 AM
Range Rover

Was up there last month in between rain storms but I took my 400ex cuz I knew I would have to heft it alot. I was glad I did. The trails were terribly rutted, not too bad going down hill but even some experienced riders would be challenged to climb them. I'm sure they've smoothed out some. We were there for 6 hours and probably only covered about 5% of the place. I'l go back.

Old 04-14-2005, 11:42 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I was just there for my first time. Loved it until I side swiped a tree stump and smashed the radiator on my ktm. i got to meet a few guys form the forum. Rdis right BRW and PS01 know the place real well and i would highly recomend looking them up and seeing if they would meet you there. I will be going back for the day 4-23. Dont know if it is worth a 300 mile drive though. You would have to decide that after going. My general rule of thumb is to stay 1 day for approx every 100 miles of driving to get there. It is 104 miles from my house, so it works for me for a day trip.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:59 AM
Trailblazer

hi, i am the guy with the 650x at miami trails. my name is tim and i go by fands650x. . had a lot of fun for being my first time. rescuediver is right. the trails are made for 40" wide or smaller. but i put the bike in some tight spots and had to lift it a few times but i get some weight lifting in at the same time. i plan on taking a friend w/ me so he can see for him self. he also has a ds650. bottom line is that i had a lot of fun meeting new riders and a new place to ride.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:30 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: fands650x
hi, i am the guy with the 650x at miami trails. my name is tim and i go by fands650x. . had a lot of fun for being my first time. rescuediver is right. the trails are made for 40" wide or smaller. but i put the bike in some tight spots and had to lift it a few times but i get some weight lifting in at the same time. i plan on taking a friend w/ me so he can see for him self. he also has a ds650. bottom line is that i had a lot of fun meeting new riders and a new place to ride.
Hi "Tim" sorry, for not getting your name right the first time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You going this weekend? MWQ, PS01 and B&R are going to be up there Saturday[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Check out the California Riding thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] they posted the info in there.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

my bike has been in the shop for a recall on the rear axle bearings. it had grease but the bearings are so bad that thay won't press off. so thay have to get me a new axle, housing, and a couple of other things to make it all work. the only good thing about all of this is it's free. hope to be at the poker run. i took the bike in on monday after i got back from the ride at miami bike trails. i am glad that thay did not freeze up on me or it would of been real bad. hope to see you guys at the run.