CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WTF..... BROKE MY NEW WORKS SHOCK????

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF..... BROKE MY NEW WORKS SHOCK????

The question I would like to ask them is just what aftermarket arms would pose a problem to the function and safety of the Works shocks .. or to any other shock for that matter??

Old 04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

I think mine are about a year and a half old with no problems. We like to ride MX and I am about 240 so I land pretty hard sometimes. Broke both front stockers though. One on a 75 ft table and the other on an 80. I have had high confidence in the works shocks. I hope that your problem is an isolated case. I hope they resolve your problem and make it right. Breaking shocks aint no fun. We are just getting into jumping freestyle ramps! I dont need any shocks breaking again...equals broke neck!
Jamie

Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

Bomb Keep us posted. Question for ya bud..... The Armadillo A-Arms that I got have TWO different mounting holes where the shock goes. Did yours come with one or two holes? if so which did you use?

I'm considering getting some works for the Raptor since my DS will be down for some time. I hope they stand behind thier product.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

alright, guys to answer some of your questions. first entomber i used the mounting hole closest to the inside. also i held up onr of the stock lower arms to the bike and i was comparing the two as far as the position of the shock as well as the motion the arm would make the shock go. they were pretty much identical. the mounting positions were the same as well. i am sure that the armadillo uses a stock arm as a base model to design their own. they cannot just simply make up measurements and build a arm then say it is for a ds. they have to have a base. anyway i just dont understand. i know they are gonna stiff me. i just hope for it to be different. anyway i will keep you guys posted.

Old 04-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

well works recieved my shocks yesterday. the guy i talked to said he would check them out and call me. he called about a half hour later and said he would replace the broke shaft and replace the other one that was fine for free and rebuild them both and all he will charge me for is a gas charge and shipping. i can live with that. i am still not happy with the whole situation but they are doing what i did not expect. just thought i would update everyone who listened to me **** and moan on here and for the guys who have works shocks.