CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MRHP..how did your bike beat the...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 05:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRHP..how did your bike beat the...

Lightweight bike, lightweight rider, proper set-up and good motor build = fast

Old 04-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Lightweight bike, lightweight rider, proper set-up and good motor build = fast
I just pulled the trigger on alum uppers, lighter front wheels and told Eric to build me a alum swingarm just like my moly. So she weighted around 340 with wheel so hopeing for 320 now!!!!!!!!! fast fast[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MisterHP
You must be talking about BigBaja's bike at FSW. The only time I beat that bike was in the builders class. I got the holeshot on him and it couldn't be made up. I would have much rather had his motor on my frame than the stock bore. The only reason I dont have a big bore yet is because I'm getting everyone else's ready first. More cubic inches means more HP and TQ its that simple.

Sandbomber heard them callout a 4.6 after one of my runs but I couldn't find that time slip. The fastest time slip I have is a 4.81. So I cant say for sure it went that fast but it may have, heck it was 5:00am I just wanted to be in bed at that point!

Let me give you an example of how important setup is. Off the trailer my bike went 4.84 and the 800 went 4.78. After waiting 3hrs in line to make another pass my bike went 4.99 and the 800 went 4.97 at this point we needed to make alot more passes to figure out why the 800 was not performing. Did we cry because it wouldnt run fast,no. We rented Sicily Island all day friday and tested until we figured it out.

My bike has the same piston, cams, porting, etc as others it's just a matter of setup and racing experience. Wait till you see my big bore run!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Eric, If your talking about renting Catahoula Recreation at Sicily Island Friday, Im just curious how you could run the same set-up on sand in Sicily Island and take it back to Gilbert and run the same set-up on dirt?

Old 04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LuvTheBomb
What's up Shmee? For now it's more for trails (probably 80% of my riding). I am looking into a better exhaust and headwork. The exhaust should be soon, the headwork will be a Christmas present to myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
luv you should come to genoa for the jamboree! drags trails, fun fun...

Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

We came to Planet Sand expecting ... SAND! But it was a dirt track that got worked every 3 passes. We would launch and it felt like a 3.9 pass, but at 200 ft, the bikes would go flat. We began to doubt our jetting, fuel delivery, etc.... and we only had one practice on NOS (which we've never ran before in our lives). There wasn't going to be anymore practice, so, we went to Sicily the next day to get the top end lined out. Turns out at Sicily Island, the top end was incredible on both bikes- it was just the 1 foot deep dirt track at Gilbert sucking the power out of them.

We went way less aggressive on tires to get some of the top end back. We didn't get any more practice on the Planet Sand track, so at 5am we were stuck with the decisions we made. Turns out the 800 had to be launched in 3rd gear, one shift at half track, then one more shift 20ft before the finish line- NOT optimum! Eric's bike has been dialed on for awhile now. That was the only passes we've ever made on a twin carb 800 with NOS- I really feel like we could run much faster with just a few more passes on that track and a little setup.

The last race we have a time slip on Eric's bike was low 4.7's on a good track. His bike is now 60lbs lighter, twin carb, alcohol, nitro, 10 more hp and way more torque, yet the fastest time slips we could find at Gilbert was 4.8 ....that track was way slow for et's and it was all on the top end of the track. 60ft times seemed pretty fast.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OH, I see...so the times that was ran by Erics bike wasnt on all motor...I get the picture now. Thanks for clearing that up!

P.S. So how did yall like Sicily Island?

Old 04-20-2005, 10:30 PM
Trailblazer

Eries bike was all motor the 800 was not.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Eric and Randall, is there going to be any more testing on the 800 on a track. Or is the motor going to be pulled and made into the 840 first?? I would like to see how the 800 on nos does when properly setup for a sand or dirt track. Then see what the 840 can do in the same conditions.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike the motor is Randalls 800 and will be tested more in the next few weeks at a local drag event. My motor is still out a bit, Im hoping for not only the 840 but a override tranny and special clutch treatment to get all the power to the ground[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Look for the 800 to post sum low low low 4s in the next few weeks!!!!! Wish I could be there when it happens, think I might get a call tho[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok guys. I understand now what was meant by nitro. My bad, I thought he was talking about nitros! My hat goes off to Eric. It was my mistake. Its all good![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: MRHP..how did your bike beat the...