CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MRHP..how did your bike beat the...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRHP..how did your bike beat the...

800!!! the bigshows? right thats his bike right? and only .3 sec slower than sandbombers! whats going on here??? yours is stock bore and stroke right??
i guss my question is why do a big bore?? look at mrhp bike.

later..

Old 04-20-2005, 12:07 AM
H
Pro Rider

YEA!! Thats incredible!! How did you do it ? Ive seen some bikes with your 14.1 and hpr3 cams and lectrons run and I'll be honest they weren't that impressive, so whats up with yours? weight difference? Is it a 300 pounder or what ? Inquireing minds want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

thats what i was thinking! tell us the secrets! iv also seen mrhp bikes not to impressed, but yours looks very fast! and so did sandbombers!!! wow, but something strange,,,,hmmm thats funny.

Old 04-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

rider makes a machine look good or bad, look at 222 reaction time on the line, looks like they know how to ride. tuning is a big part. maybe the others don't know how to tune? i rode his 730 seemed to do pretty well. what are you guys comparing his stuff to?

Old 04-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
YEA!! Thats incredible!! How did you do it ? Ive seen some bikes with your 14.1 and hpr3 cams and lectrons run and I'll be honest they weren't that impressive, so whats up with yours? weight difference? Is it a 300 pounder or what ? Inquireing minds want to know[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I will help since I worked with them a couple days and with taking off they are very busy. First these guys know how to race !!!! 1- fuel special blend he he he 2- weight 3- rotating mass weight 4- set up (more than you can think, I was impressed) 5- shocks 6- chain tension Add all this together and other things that I dont even know about and they can go fast. Eric was set up better on the dirt track also I feel when we ran, thats the reason Randall could have run a 4.2 if we had time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Oh yea also he runs 2 of those cable sticking carbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Eric really lives on the edge!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: sandbomber Oh yea also he runs 2 of those cable sticking carbs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Eric really lives on the edge!!!!!!!!

Well.....If one of those carbs is good, and two of them is even better........Then I must try THREE of those throttle sticking carbs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I have two agree, set up is VERY important. Knowing how to get the holeshot and the power to the ground is one of the first things a racer has to do.

DuneDevil

Old 04-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

You must be talking about BigBaja's bike at FSW. The only time I beat that bike was in the builders class. I got the holeshot on him and it couldn't be made up. I would have much rather had his motor on my frame than the stock bore. The only reason I dont have a big bore yet is because I'm getting everyone else's ready first. More cubic inches means more HP and TQ its that simple.

Sandbomber heard them callout a 4.6 after one of my runs but I couldn't find that time slip. The fastest time slip I have is a 4.81. So I cant say for sure it went that fast but it may have, heck it was 5:00am I just wanted to be in bed at that point!

Let me give you an example of how important setup is. Off the trailer my bike went 4.84 and the 800 went 4.78. After waiting 3hrs in line to make another pass my bike went 4.99 and the 800 went 4.97 at this point we needed to make alot more passes to figure out why the 800 was not performing. Did we cry because it wouldnt run fast,no. We rented Sicily Island all day friday and tested until we figured it out.

My bike has the same piston, cams, porting, etc as others it's just a matter of setup and racing experience. Wait till you see my big bore run!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

After reading some of the comments here I have to pipe in. I've got the exact setup listed up above but I have been very impressed with the way it runs. When I'm racing, sometimes I win, and I'm ALWAYS towards the front of the pack! Keep in mind here that my bike is fully dressed, and I weigh 270lbs naked (bad visuals, sorry). I have NO headwork done and a stock exhaust (endcap only). I don't race on a regular basis so my skill level is low. For my bike to move the way it does with me on there, they (Eric & Randall) have to be doing something right![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now if I want to make my bike really fast, it will actually SAVE me money. All I have to do is eat less food [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

i have seen luv's bike run, no he cant get me in the drags but on the trails it hauls a$$!! and for his size it does fairly well! but i dont know if thats what his is set up for?

Old 04-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

What's up Shmee? For now it's more for trails (probably 80% of my riding). I am looking into a better exhaust and headwork. The exhaust should be soon, the headwork will be a Christmas present to myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: MRHP..how did your bike beat the...