CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Flipped my DS Baja

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipped my DS Baja

Back in January my buddy and I went riding on a nice break in the weather. We were pretty much taking it easy, racing a few guys on some flat areas but nothing crazy in an OHV park we are pretty familar with. Anyway....next thing I remember is walking around in a daze asking my friend if my quad was upside down. Apparently I had flipped my DS, I went over the handle bars and it landed upside down, knocked me out for a good ten seconds and I have zero memory of anything, my buddy was about five seconds behind me, didnt' see me flip but found me out cold although I came to within a few seconds. He said I walked around in a daze for about an hour, he said I asked him about ten times if the quad had fipped upside down. He and someone else flipped it back up, I finally got my thoughts together enough to ride back to the pickups. Damage to the quad was a bent steering shaft. Damage to me was two broken ribs, a concussion, really nice purple bruise from my hip to my lower back, swollen lower back and sore right shoulder. I was wearing all my gear, I went over the handle bars and must have landed on my right side, had grass and mud sticking out of the right side of my helmet and shoulder pads. I have zero recollection of any of this, it was just the best my buddy could figure had happened based on where I landed and where the quad landed. I simply wish I could remember what I did to cause this because we weren't trying to be crazy or anything, kind of frustrating.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, I wish I never saw mine when i flipped it. Watching $10,000 bounce and slide on pavement is not a nice sight. And I'll never forget the sound from the impact and the 120 feet it slid on the pavement upside down.
It is nice to know what happend exactly, but not to see it happen. I bent my steering shaft to, I just straighten it out, it bent close to the handle bars so my handle bars are a inch more toward the rear.

Backinblack

Old 04-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

All things considered , its good to hear your ok Mike.
Ive had bad crash comming off a table top and when I landed the C-clip that holds the ball joint in the a-arm went by-by. The lower A-arm turned into a plow upon the landing..... lights out!! Of course we figured the whole thing out after the fact but it all happend in the blink of an eye. 2500.00 in damage!! Wish I got it on video....

Old 04-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately I rolled my Outlander last year and saw the whole painful experience unfold, it was only a month old and it rolled upside down and slid about another 20 feet.....I was sure it was totaled. After adjusting the handle bars we were able to keep riding the rest of the day, had to replace one rack, handle bar covers and messed up the plastic on the left badly, I took a hand torch and pretty much got the plastic back to normal then painted over it. You can hardly tell now LOL.

My only reason for wishing I remembered what happened was so I don't do it again.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

Count your blessings.......You lived to ride another day and tell about it.