CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

problem with new headlight install

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with new headlight install

hi,

i am currently installing my new '04 light on my '00 DS and i have some problems into getting the little black nose fitting on the rest of the yellow plastics. i drilled the holes but the pins always pop out of the holes, and the light goes like 'over ' the plastics. i'll show you some pics so you can help me:

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3 on this one, remark the pin on the top of the picture, it doesn't go in the hole and it is flush to it
photo 4 on this one, we can see that there is a space between the plastics and the light
photo 5

for guys who did the same modification as me, did you have to cut any plastics? i'D like to have your advice. we can see on the pictures that the light is going over the black plastics.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

My '04 black nose plastic has the cut out a little lower than on my '01 black nose plastic. I think you need to cut alittle eyebrow shape out of the botton head light cut out.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

You need to cut your front plastics like the picture on my page on this forum. Look at it, it will make the entire thing fit properly. As for the outside not staying down make sure the trim piece locks tightly on the inside edge. The "pins" are hollow, a small self tapping screw and a few small washers will hold it down tightly.
Look for an entire write up on my Home page (the URL in my signiture) about how to do the swap. There will be a few more tricks listed there.
Carl.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

The finished product should look like the last picture My Page on this forum.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

clshortt where is the link for the swap?

Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider

I havn't finished the page yet, when I do I'll post it.

Old 04-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Range Rover

thanks a lot clshortt you helped me very much, i'll do the test anyways my front plastics are bent like hell so i can cut them however i want to try it. did you have to cut the plastic that goes around the light or only the front fender?

i'd also like to see some pics of how did you mounted the pins.

thanks again!

Old 04-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Front fender? Hmmm......Not sure what you mean. The only cutting I had to do was in the picture on My Page in this forum. The picture of the front plastics with the black line. I only had to cut along that line.
The pins? Well once I got the hole drilled in the right place the ends stayed down like they are supposed to. Look closely, those pinns go in at an angle, the holes you drill have to be close to that same angle or the ends won't lay down like they are suposed to. The screw trick works prertty good too.

Old 04-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Range Rover

yeah i saw that angle in the pins, and i got it fixed. but i still have a problem with the plastics that goes around the light. i cutted my front fender and it seemed to help but i still can't get it to fit, i can still see a space between the black plastic and the light. and the holes doesnt fit at all... the only way i can see to make it fit is to cut the black plastic. anybody have an issue? it seems like the light is going out of the fenders too much, or the fender bracket(but it is the same that holds the light, so if i bend it, the light will move the same way...) is too far in the front... i always hated to work with those damns plastics, it never fits [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Okay, the page is up. Step by stem procedure in there. With lots of pics!

Headlamp conversion, step by step.

Quick Reply: problem with new headlight install