CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

crash and burn at the drag strip!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash and burn at the drag strip!

well,
i need new plastic,headlight,tires&rims,axle,bearings.,etc.do n't really know what all yet.i haven't looked at it since thursday night!it's been raining to much and i really didn;t want to see it yet.i dont think the a-arms are bent it flipped end over end.we made a few passes at the strip.i changes the gear and let my son run a pass.(in the 13's on motor no NOS)! he made the full run the turned down the back way to the ticket booth for his time slip.something broke on the right front,i think it was the tie-rod end.he said the right front tire just went to the right all at once!it was a grassy field that he flipped in,thank god it didnt happen on the track at 90mph and hit the wall! i doubled checked everything before we left .you never know when things will break. he is all right .nothing broke! i dont know if im going to put it back together or not.some one make a good offer and come get it!

Old 04-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your son is still in one piece.That's great.You got it right with(thank God),that could have been alot worse.Any time we ride these things we are taking a chance of getting hurt.It stays in the back of my mind.My brother can tell you that.We was racing at an atv park(St.Joe),we had raced alot that day.No big deal right.We was going to make one last pass before going back to camp.Some of us was at the starting line.My brother was just cruising up to where we was at,when a kid on a blaster pulled out in front of him and turned my brother's quad over,My brother's knee will probably never be the same.He still rides though.I'd rebuild the bike,but that's not my decision.That's up to you.If you don't feel comfortable putting the bike back together,don't.Everything involves taking a risk.Even walking out to the mail box.Crazy drivers.Just glad to hear all of you are ok.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

glad to here everybodys ok,but try going 100mph and hitting a school bus.thats not fun at all,but i can say i am glad to be alive to tell the story.I will say that the ds is one tuff bike to take that blow,because it is fixable.minor damage,but for the bus,it was badly hurt,my body fixable,bike is in the rebuilding stage.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Range Rover

Glad to hear your son is alright. Were you racing at Jackson Sc. or somewhere else? I see that you are from Augusta that is the reason I am asking. Did you figure what turned lose, tie rod or a-arm? If thats what broke were they stock or aftermarket? Hope you the best in putting her back together, not to many DS's in this neck of the woods.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

yes ,i was at jackson,sc. i had two races set up.a banshee and a predator for $100.both run high 14's.
o yea.. it was the tie -rod that cracked!