CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Im heading to Oregon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Im heading to Oregon!

I'm leaving home early tomorrow, driving up to Albany to pick up a quad, I only have late friday and half a day saturday to see the sights, where should I go? I definitly will be seeing the ocean for the first time, but then what?

Old 04-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a beach I would suggest either Tillamook(you can go to the cheese/ice cream factory), or Cannon Beach. If you have ever seen the movie "Goonies," there is a scene in there where they are at the beach, and you see a big rock in the backround, that is at Cannon Beach, it's called Haystack Rock. There is some pretty cool stuff out there. Also, I would suggest Multnomah Falls, its about 40 mins East of Portland on 84, it's a huge waterfall, really pretty. If you are just staying near the coast, you could check out the Sea Lion caves. What you really should be doing is going to Coos Bay/Florence and hit the dunes, you have over 40 miles of coastline to tear up!! That will be some of the best riding you will ever do. Thats about all I can think of for now.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, have a safe trip and I will be coming up to see that bike when you get back for sure.

I got the message about riding and I was planing on not going as well.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Matt. Baja, I did think about florence, Might have to atleast go see it.

Old 04-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

i was just up in oregon last week picking up a new bomb in eugene(bought an outlander, not another DS). I'd say head out to the coast and go South towards california, really nice drive along the coast, cut back east along the way somewhere(the road into/out of coos bay/north bend would be a good choice) and when you pass all those dunes between florence and coos bay you'll have to stop [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sean

Old 04-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Go to Florence and you can ride that baby on the beach for miles!!!!!!!!!!! then ride the dunes and look at the ocean from there, wow what a site[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I have a bunch of forum friend that will be parked at driftwood staging area that would be glad to show you around!!!!! wish I was there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys, I think if I make it down to the dunes, Florence will be as far south as I dare go, I still will have to make it back near the Idaho border saturday night. Sandbomber, were is this place you speak of? Near Florence? Baja Bomber, can I see Multnohah Falls from the interstate? Or is it close to it? Thanks Jed

Old 04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

South of Florence, The first staging area is only 4 miles away. (south jetty) Driftwood is about 10 miles south but a big group is there for the weekend and they could show you around. That would save ya a lot of time not being lost for the first time out. I have there cell #s it ya want to go and meet them. Good people!!!!!

Old 04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

meet me in florence sat morning will be there until noon, pm me with your cell number and we make final plans.

Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks boys, I guess florence here we come! Bomber, I think I'll try and hook up with Bill, thanks for the thoughts though. My wife is pissed she isnt making the trip with me, so I guess we are going to make a trip later in the year, or next year not sure yet, thanks again, Jed.

Quick Reply: Im heading to Oregon!