CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Need for SPEED

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need for SPEED

Gentlemen I am fairly new to the quad world although I have been riding dirtbikes and streetbikes all my life. I did, however, make a great choice by making my first quad a DS650 05'. Iwould like to begin adding some performance parts and was curious if any of you had bought the elec. kit I am looking at. It contains aftermarket CDI, Rectifier and what they are calling The "Majic Box". The DS is only a couple of months old so I dont want to get too carried away with serious engine mods just yet, but I would love to get rid of the annoying rev limiter that shuts me down just when I get going. These elec products claim to be able to do that so any advice you guys can give would be appreciated

Old 05-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need for SPEED

I don't want to bad mouth manufactures....I know who/what you are talking about. I speak from experience.....stay away from all three of those parts. I would start with jetting, intake and endcap/exhaust.....

Old 05-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Need for SPEED

You must have had a bad experience with your california neighbor. OK, so if I begin with exhaust and jetting have you got any recomendations? Keep in mind I am not after a Rocket Ship, I really just want to be able to keep up with anything i run across. One more product I have seen is the Ron Woods Rev Box do you know anything about it cause the factory rev limiter is getting on my nerves. Thanks man!

Old 05-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Need for SPEED

I don't know which company your talking about but a name brand cdi is a good start. I didn't get one that completely did away with my rev control but got one instead that just raised it. Theres a few good companies out there making them, ron woods and big gun are two but theres a few more. My mind is still alseep and I can't think of the brand I got, man that makes me mad! I know the brand but can't think of it!!!!! I think I'm having brain spasms.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Need for SPEED

Large cup of coffee and a beer chaser should do the trick Psycho. So you had good luck with your CDI upgrade? It appears as though most all of the companies that are selling them advertise about the same performance increases. 1000to1500 RPM higher and 5 to 8 percent higher HP. The kit that i mentioned before was gonna run me about 269.00.