CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!

1bad, very happy to hear it. But I would really like to know why some of you give us Cops such a hard time? Given there are some sh$tty cops out there, but most of us bust are *** to catch these turds. My unit alone recovered over 200 bikes last year. I use to work Narc and have headed up the Grand theft unit for over a year and my guys work very hard. It just seems like no matter what no one is going to be happy. I personally have had my quad stolen and know how it feels, but I really wish that those of you who have had the one bad experience would stop talking trash about us. Believe me I know that some of you have had very bad report with the Police, and when I got one of my bikes back the Police refused to take prints, so I do understand. But trust me the majority of us really, really want to catch these bastards and make them pay.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DONECRASHED,

I'm glad there are good honest people trying to do their job right like you & I'm sure some of your buddies. I think people hear stories about what happened to BigWaynester and it really is a let down - it makes it hard to believe in 'cops' in general when it seems like the entire Tulsa, OK PD was on vacation. "Hey lookie there jim-bob, there goes that thar stolen truck & trailer, good thing we just got breakfast so we don't have to go work!" I guess I'm trying to figire out why all of the 'good' quad stories come from Florida, maybe the Floridian cops actually do get up in the morning to work. Can you guys visit some other cities and spread the 'work' bug? They jury is still out on Los Angeles cops, I haven't seen much of them, which seems like they are doing their job then. I know they do some good work down in Orange County, CA. (Just south of LA, where I grew up.)

Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Great to hear the quad was recovered!

Old 05-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: DONECRASHED
1bad, very happy to hear it. But I would really like to know why some of you give us Cops such a hard time? Given there are some sh$tty cops out there, but most of us bust are *** to catch these turds. My unit alone recovered over 200 bikes last year. I use to work Narc and have headed up the Grand theft unit for over a year and my guys work very hard. It just seems like no matter what no one is going to be happy. I personally have had my quad stolen and know how it feels, but I really wish that those of you who have had the one bad experience would stop talking trash about us. Believe me I know that some of you have had very bad report with the Police, and when I got one of my bikes back the Police refused to take prints, so I do understand. But trust me the majority of us really, really want to catch these bastards and make them pay.
Hey Donecrashed.
Just wanted to say "Thank you" for the job you guys do.
Here is a little story about some of the aholes that you guys have to deal with.
Guy was robbing a house of an 80 year old feable man. He didn't think the guy was home. When the old man came out and saw this idiot he grabbed a broom stick and hit him with it. The robber took the stick away from him and beat him into a coma. Later when he was caught he was asked why he beat the old man. He said " I was just robbing the guy and he hit me with the broom." What a moron!!!! I can understand what you guys must go through.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dser
Originally posted by: DONECRASHED1bad, very happy to hear it. But I would really like to know why some of you give us Cops such a hard time? Given there are some sh$tty cops out there, but most of us bust are *** to catch these turds. My unit alone recovered over 200 bikes last year. I use to work Narc and have headed up the Grand theft unit for over a year and my guys work very hard. It just seems like no matter what no one is going to be happy. I personally have had my quad stolen and know how it feels, but I really wish that those of you who have had the one bad experience would stop talking trash about us. Believe me I know that some of you have had very bad report with the Police, and when I got one of my bikes back the Police refused to take prints, so I do understand. But trust me the majority of us really, really want to catch these bastards and make them pay.
Hey Donecrashed. Just wanted to say "Thank you" for the job you guys do. Here is a little story about some of the aholes that you guys have to deal with.Guy was robbing a house of an 80 year old feable man. He didn't think the guy was home. When the old man came out and saw this idiot he grabbed a broom stick and hit him with it. The robber took the stick away from him and beat him into a coma. Later when he was caught he was asked why he beat the old man. He said " I was just robbing the guy and he hit me with the broom." What a moron!!!! I can understand what you guys must go through.
Next time you are pulled of for a minor infraction you don't wanna be treated like a criminal though...right? Folks have to be treated fair if they are preserning themselves that way.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Originally posted by: DONECRASHED1bad, very happy to hear it. But I would really like to know why some of you give us Cops such a hard time? Given there are some sh$tty cops out there, but most of us bust are *** to catch these turds. My unit alone recovered over 200 bikes last year. I use to work Narc and have headed up the Grand theft unit for over a year and my guys work very hard. It just seems like no matter what no one is going to be happy. I personally have had my quad stolen and know how it feels, but I really wish that those of you who have had the one bad experience would stop talking trash about us. Believe me I know that some of you have had very bad report with the Police, and when I got one of my bikes back the Police refused to take prints, so I do understand. But trust me the majority of us really, really want to catch these bastards and make them pay.
Hey Donecrashed. Just wanted to say "Thank you" for the job you guys do. Here is a little story about some of the aholes that you guys have to deal with.Guy was robbing a house of an 80 year old feable man. He didn't think the guy was home. When the old man came out and saw this idiot he grabbed a broom stick and hit him with it. The robber took the stick away from him and beat him into a coma. Later when he was caught he was asked why he beat the old man. He said " I was just robbing the guy and he hit me with the broom." What a moron!!!! I can understand what you guys must go through.
Next time you are pulled of for a minor infraction you don't wanna be treated like a criminal though...right? Folks have to be treated fair if they are preserning themselves that way.
Huh? Please explain

Old 05-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

yeah i know a good cop from lakeland florida. Theres a few in our town but its about 50/50 good/bad

Old 05-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Huh? Please explain
You and I can understand what the police officers go through, but people still have to be treated with respect unless they are presenting themselves in a manner that does not deserve respect. If the story is true and accurate of the original posters messages, then this officer went a little over the top IMO. Police officers can't asume since the last guy was a criminal the next guy is as well....and treat him like one.
Gary

Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

Huh? Please explain
You and I can understand what the police officers go through, but people still have to be treated with respect unless they are presenting themselves in a manner that does not deserve respect. If the story is true and accurate of the original posters messages, then this officer went a little over the top IMO. Police officers can't asume since the last guy was a criminal the next guy is as well....and treat him like one.
Gary
Agreed, although you replied to my thread and I hardly think that robbing someone's house and beating the homeowner to a pulp would be considered a ' Minor infraction." I was trying to illustrate the mindset of some of the criminals out there and what our law enforcement officers have to go through sometimes. Point taken though.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Guys, I really wasn't trying to start any crap, or take away from 1bads great news, and I really appreciate those of you who have responded with good words about our work, All I ask is just please don't group all of us together. I go to sleep at night thinking about those of you who have been ripped off, and how I can help.

Quick Reply: STOLEN DS RECOVERED!!!!