CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Aluminum sideframe guards??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum sideframe guards??

You know those carbon fiber sideframe covers Alba has for a million dollars that scuff up and get ugly and scarred over time as you scrape them with all the grit stuck to the sides of your boots on trail rides? Well lots of companies make them out of aluminum for just about every quad out there besides the DS, and at half the cost too.

When is somebody ever gonna make some aluminum ones for the DS?!??!

I'm operating on the "ask and you may recieve" mode, because other posts just like this one have helped lead to new things coming out from companies that actually do participate on the forums for the right reasons! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've thought about those too. I don't actually ride in conditions where they are necessary, but I've always looked at the alba CF ones and though those are serious expensive!

You ought to send an email over to Marky and see if he will make some for ya! I don't think he has his DS anymore (or maybe he kept it?) but he has certainly been on the ball getting cool parts made for the DS. Even though the pricing is reasonable I'm sure a guy could spend $1000 in polished aluminum parts alone!

Now what would be really cool is to make some sort of removeable / replaceable plastic insert for those - so that if it is show time then you take off the plastic and have a good looking piece of aluminum (that isn't scratched) but when you go out to ride insert the plastic and everything is good. That'll probably never happen since injection molding of plastics is SERIOUSLY expensive for the mold. ($100k for the mold, then $0.02 per plastic piece!

Old 05-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Several years ago when Pro-Armor first started up I e-mailed them about this, they said they were in the works. Years later and still no delivery!

How about it OD?

Old 05-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Message received. I'll be looking into it.