CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

THE 450 IS REAL

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Originally posted by: DuneStalker
Ok..Guess i need to put in my 2cents here.. Thumper650 if you are getting new 450 bomb from cycle sports. How come NO ONE there knows what you are talking about. I am a tech for Bomardier.The only NEW 2006 bomb that will beat Dune fest with bw the new 800cc Outlander! .I have personaly seen the order form for the dealers for 2006 and there is NO 250 or 450 on it.. Most dealers out here will see the new 800 outlander in Sept...The is word that Bombardier is up to something and we might see it next spring. But that is ALL they are saying for now.

Thanks you Dunestalker!

Old 06-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I'd surely like to see a 450 in a couple of months. And I'd like to see bigfoot , and the loch ness monster too.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I saw me a UFO once ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I also saw a Predator before it came out. Polaris did use the hype, but I must say I think the Predator is a fine sport quad for Polaris. I guess my point is stranger things have happened. I dont see Bombardier out testing thier quad at mystery locations like Polaris did. But that doesnt seem to be BRPs style.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

From the moment a company ceo says "we are going to make a new quad" , it takes 2 years to get it to dealers. It has to be designed, a few prototypes have to be hand built, they have to be tested, refined, gone over with a fine tooth comb, and when they are deemed the best they can be, the production line has to be designed, and built. Secrets are hard to keep. It's not suprising to hear rumors about a ds450, because there are probily a few proyotypes at brp. Same for honda and the rumored 650ex {probily a couple prototypes in tokyo }.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

If we keep talking about it sooner or later it will show[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] 2007model

Old 06-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Originally posted by: thumper650
i dont knowwe hade a test on all the new bomb stuff but the 450 and a few other things i also kind work there so i know stuff that some ppl dont know and i called brp up and asked the main dud there o its also commin out in the next 30 day i think
Learn to spell and people might take you a little more seriously.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Range Rover
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Thanks for the vote of confidence Steveo! I took a bunch of heat when I first mentioned the Outlander 800. Anyway, my guy hasn't said a thing about the new sport quad yet, so there probably isn't anything too soon. I'm guessing 07 will be the year that the sport quad world will explode with a few new machines. I'd expect an aluminum framed YFZ450 (like the Rappy 700), The Suzook Aluminum EFI 450, and probably the BRP EFI 450 4 stroke (maybe a mid-season launch, but definately not in the next few months anyway). The thing is that I can see BRP go their own way on a new sport quad. They have the 2-tech technology to make 2 strokes cleaner than 4 strokes. There is a myth on these forums that legislation wants to ban new 2 strokes - not true, regulations are only tied to emmisions, there is no discrimination between 2 and 4 stroke in this area. So I'd say a 2 stroke is without a doubt in the future, BRP has invested a lot of money in this technology. They are aware of the interest of 2-strokes in quads, and their new corporate philosophy (since the Bombardier family took over again) is pushing for cutting-edge machines that set the standard. They had misses with the step-through design of the Quests and plastic racks on the Rally. But look at their hits in the personal watercraft market and the REV platform in the snowmobile world - a design that has (in 3 years) revolutionized the snowmobile world and has every manufacturer copying it. Everyone is aware of the money to be made by these companies in the exploding ATV market, so I see BRP doing something to put the others on their ear like they did with the Outlander 800. I'm going out on a limb saying a 450cc+ 2-stroke twin cylinder with a gearbox, and possibly aluminum frame is in the pipeline within two years release. If they break the mold that racing sanctions have imposed on the marketplace and produce a big-bore open class machine they would have the biggest hit ever on their hands and outsell all other models. I don't care how important people think racing is, the majority of the market WANTS a top-line open class quad that does it all. Even if it doesn't fit in a certain racing class they will sell a ton of them.

So yes, I can't wait to see what happens in the next few years, its a great time to be in the market!

Old 06-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

May the Shwetz be with you

Old 06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

lol... Good post anywayz AceShwetz

Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Originally posted by: midnite
From the moment a company ceo says "we are going to make a new quad" , it takes 2 years to get it to dealers. It has to be designed, a few prototypes have to be hand built, they have to be tested, refined, gone over with a fine tooth comb, and when they are deemed the best they can be, the production line has to be designed, and built. Secrets are hard to keep. It's not suprising to hear rumors about a ds450, because there are probily a few proyotypes at brp. Same for honda and the rumored 650ex {probily a couple prototypes in tokyo }.
My brother works with the automotive industry, he is working on a 2009 car right now, I am sure many changes will happen before it comes out.

Quick Reply: THE 450 IS REAL