CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TVI 720- w/cometic gasket..

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVI 720- w/cometic gasket..

i just got back from testing the gasket out. i really wish i would of done it sooner. it works like a charm. i rode the dawg knutz out of it today..i drag raced for three or four hours, i kept getting off the bike just knowing there would be a leak of some kind, but to my satisfaction there wasnt a drop.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] im kinda giddy...i dont know if it from how well the gasket held up or if it was from the heat..lol..i really think gary might need to look into using this gasket or somthing similer, maybe someone will chime in hear , but i really dont see any downside to it. i know this is a somewhat rare accourence of the head gasket always leaking, but for the few that are this seems to be a bullet proof way to get it to hold..jmo.. this was really the first time i could get out long enough to really give my lectron 48 a true test..and i am REAL impressed. this thing doesnt ever stop pulling. it works very well with the tvi motor and race head..my arms havent been this soar in a long while..lol...

Old 06-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to here you have it back up & running good. Sounds like that Lectron 48HV is a arm strecher.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

thanks joe...have u gotten one yet for your other ds?

Old 06-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Rocky I bought a used HPR 48HV but have not ran it yet. Now I have a 46HV, 44 & 48HV. Time to sell the 44. I only have two DS650's for three carbs.

My brother & I was talking about making a trip to Lake Murray,Okl in two or three weeks for some trail riding. Are you up for a trip to Lake Murray?

Old 06-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

June 26th? Lake Murry

Old 06-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Don't want to jinx myself, but I have gone to a 20 shot of nos and my cometic in a tvi is still holding.

Old 06-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

pm with the price ill take it .

Old 06-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

joe, i recently took a job back in longview tx, and for the next couple of months ill be working out of there while living in ardmore. being that im on call 24/7 its getting kinda hard for me to plan.let me know when u guys deside to go and ill try to make it.but i wont know for sure untill proberly the day before.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] kinda sucks)..i was out there yesterday and man that place has changed since the last time i was out there..they are doing alot of dirt work. nothing really looked the same...

cardiac, glad to hear it is holding together for ya..i appriciate the tips on getting that cometic to hold...nos will proberly be my next project after i get a drag pipe...let me know how u end up liking the nos..

Old 06-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Rocky it looks like we are shooting for June 26th at Lake Murray. I haven't been there before but my brother has been there once. I'll be taking my stock DS so if you can make it I'll bring the drag pipe off my other DS if you want to try it out. I might try the 46HV & end cap on the stock DS but not sure yet. If you can't make it this time than maybe next. We are looking for a new place the take the family some time soon. While you are in Longview, TX. you need to hook up with MrMeaner thats in his back yard. He has alot of riding places in Longview.
Sorry I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

no problem joe, man i hope i can make it. off the subject, but do u ever ride at rocky ridge? ive heard alot about it but i have never been. i to am looking for a family oriented place to ride besides murray.i just didnt know if rocky ridge was more for dirt bikes or 4-wheelers.i heard that they have a big long drag strip in the back that u can really open em up..

Quick Reply: TVI 720- w/cometic gasket..