CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Have you ever?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you ever?

it is funny when it happens to somebody else but when it happens to you,you always wounder how many people saw it.stuff like that is funny,but whats not funny is pic somebody going over 100mph on a ds and hitting a school bus head on,and can tell the story today!I am proof.BUT DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME SAVE THE HORSEPOWER FOR THE TRACK!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Have you ever?

Nope but i am glad.

Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Have you ever?

Always starting something, scoundrel. I got stuck on a sand bar with my boat and a jet ski pulled it off and I had to swim after it, does that count?

Old 06-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Have you ever?

Originally posted by: Budman650
Always starting something, scoundrel. I got stuck on a sand bar with my boat and a jet ski pulled it off and I had to swim after it, does that count?
Yea Steve that counts.......lol

Old 06-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Have you ever?

I have a tether kill switch in my garage ready to install just for this reason. ive had to chase down my quad too many times. In recent time i over shot a tabletop and came into the flat ground and hit the bumber first pitchinging me over the bars rolling across the ground and my quad went back to its wheels and ran me over and kept on goin i hat to jump up and run like hell to catch it. another time i landed nose down into the face of a double and did a front flip on the quad but was pitched while it was upside down. It ran away from me agin. another time i was riding a wheelie down a powerline trail and it started gettin a lil bumpy and i was goin around 50 and i fell off the back and it just kept on goin and drove its self up the bank and did a barrel roll over this quad that was parked at the top. and this one time.. This is starting to sound like tales from band camp i gotta stop [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Anyway. TETHER KILL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I ask this question. WHY are they not standard equipment like on Jetskis?

Old 06-17-2005, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Default Have you ever?

I actually bought the DS to mellow out as I was having too many mishaps on faster bikes. Our first family trip to the dunes, about 2 minutes out of the parking lot. I try to zip ahead of the wife and kid who are in the dunebuggy and I'm trying to get the video camera ready with one hand when a rut grabs the front tire and flips me off a 5ft bank off the side of the trail. I tried to protect the camera with my body and mauled my fragile knee on a footpeg. The kid is in shock, my wifes eyes are bugged out and I can tell that she is thinking atv's = sure death. I'm going into shock with pain but trying to act cool and the DS is sitting 10ft away on it's wheels like nothing happened and the camera is in pieces.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
cdracecars, you don't have a pic of that bike do you? I used to have a pic I found somewhere of a DS that was about 2 and 1/2 feet long, just incredibly smashed.