CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I bought the BRP 800

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bought the BRP 800

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
Originally posted by: William2000
Before this I didn't even think about the BOmbs because I wanted at least a 700 and they didn't make one
Same here. I never considered Bombers because they were underpowered compared to the other big bores and seem way behind the curve so to speak. Now it looks like everyone else is going to have to play catch up. It looks like if no one else comes out with anything new before winter then I'll be going with the new 800 sometime in November or December. I hate single brake levers but it looks like I'm going to have to learn to.
I know what you mean, I like the front brake grip too. However, like you said we'll learn to like it. I will say the the all brake handle bar grip brake did feel good and got thge job done and it didn't really bother me after a little while. I hate that I had to pay so much but I know I'll have a mean machine that I'll be happy with and have fun, plus, nobody is going to blow me away on this thing thats for sure, at least not until they get even bigger. Thsi thing is so fast I don't think I need anything bigger, and the 2 up machine will waist everybody else.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 222
I got to do the same thing Monday- they had all the competitors models and we had to switch up every 10 minutes. Your write up is dead on. It's the best quad I've ever ridden for trail riding. Someone is going to have to out bid ME when the first one arrives here!
Glad to hear you're getting one. What did you think in comparing the regular 800 versus the max version. I would take great interest in your comment.

Old 07-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: DONECRASHED
I hate you!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am thinking about selling my truck, just to buy one. I promised my girl that I would even ride it to work. I wnat this thing like I wanted my first bb gun. I am hoping to maybe rob a bank or two, just to afford one.

Congrats my friend, and yes I am jealous.
Hopefully some deals will come out on them for you and you'll be able to better than me. Maybe Bomb will come out with some monthly financing that will make possible. Where there's a will, htere's a way.

Old 07-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

Tight, mountainous, rocky trail riding.....the max was more stable and I never noticed the extra length when manuevering. So powerful, you can't notice a difference in power, although I'm sure the single seat will win in a drag race.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi 222. I am glad you could't notice the difference on teh tight trails for maneuverability. I was not in mountains but very tight twisty trails with lots of sharp turns and we were moving fast as a group of riders and I thought the max cornered in the tight stuff just as well as the regular 800. I thought am I missing something here, this shouldn't be like this should it. It also felt more stable like you said over the regular 800 although the regular one was also stable. I am glad someone else agrees and that I didn't make a mistake. It was hard to believe at first. I kliked the stability and the power and the extra smoothness. thats why I bought the Max. Plus I can ride 2 up with my kids for fun. Thanks again for the reply.

Old 07-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I rode the Outlander Max 800 xt at a test ride a few weeks ago and I can say definately that it does wheelie. I had a problem lifting the front end at first because every time I gave it gas it would just spin the tires. I found a paved section and spun the tires a few times to clean off all the dirt. The first time 1 tire spun and it took a hard left which is why I spun the tires. I took off in low gear and it lifted the front tires so that the machine was at a 45 degree angle and it stayed there until it reved out in low range. I did it quite a few times. It is the first 2 seater that I have been able to wheelie easily.

Old 07-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

I was at my dealer last week and he said the 800 is flat amazing in its power. The thing that he said amazed him the most was his son got on a DS and he was on the 800 and his son could barely get the DS to pull away from the 800. Of course the DS was stock but that still says something on how this big 4x4 runs but I hear they are gunna be extremely spendy!!

Old 07-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: DemonDS
I was at my dealer last week and he said the 800 is flat amazing in its power. The thing that he said amazed him the most was his son got on a DS and he was on the 800 and his son could barely get the DS to pull away from the 800. Of course the DS was stock but that still says something on how this big 4x4 runs but I hear they are gunna be extremely spendy!!
I rode both 800s and they are really fast, but they are also well mannered and smooth. You'll like one if you try it.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: wheeliekid
I rode the Outlander Max 800 xt at a test ride a few weeks ago and I can say definately that it does wheelie. I had a problem lifting the front end at first because every time I gave it gas it would just spin the tires. I found a paved section and spun the tires a few times to clean off all the dirt. The first time 1 tire spun and it took a hard left which is why I spun the tires. I took off in low gear and it lifted the front tires so that the machine was at a 45 degree angle and it stayed there until it reved out in low range. I did it quite a few times. It is the first 2 seater that I have been able to wheelie easily.
I am glad you got to try and wheelie the max 800. I bought one ane couldn'ty reaaly notice any power difference between the two. The max very oh so slightly slower and the factory rep told me they detuned the max version because it is two up and one time a few years back someone hurt themself because they were not used to the 2 up machine so BRP is afraid it could happen again so by detuning it to 54 horsepower people don't over do it, however. it fely plenty powerful to me. The regular max coming out of the dealerships I was told are identicle in performance to the 1 up version. Also, the max felt as maneuverable on the trails as I did not notice the extra 8 inches of length at all.