CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What is your 1st impression of the new Outlander 800?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your 1st impression of the new Outlander 800?

Originally posted by: mfvii
ds 650 specs

Dude, your DS weighs in @ 500lbs dry weight without rider. Thats without 4wd, racks, and the xtra 150ccs of power. .
Not quite. My DS is the Viper model that has a dry weight of 460 lbs. From that subtract 6 lbs for the heavy stock exhaust, more for the stock heelguards and steel footpegs, more for lights, wiring harness, front fenders, and other needless fluff, and its closer to 430 lbs, which is still 50 lbs too heavy if you ask me. Doesn't matter anyway, because he didn't ask about my DS. He did ask what people's first impressions on the 800cc Outlander were, and my first impression was overpriced and overweight. He didn't ask what our opinion was after detailed analysis, or after riding it. I'll wait until I ride one to form a final opinion.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

i think the bomb 800 is over rated in a preview to show the drive system they compared it to a 400 kodiak ?? whats up with that and after detuning for safety reson it won't be as good as in the previews be besides it's ugly price is way up there you could just get a brute or king quad and do mod's and have a better quad well i don't know about the brute force but in performance wise yes. i am king quad all the way and i am gettin one for my 16 th birthday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

Lets set a few things straight. They compared to the 800 drive system to more than just the kodiak 400 at our dealer show. Plus we were able to try them on our own as well. There were only 2 machines you could just pull up to the block and just go over. The bomb and the polaris. The only thing you have to do with the bomb is switch the little button and you can do that while pulling up to the block. The brute you have to stop completely, engage the lockers, then pull up to it, and it still had issues.

Next thing. The detuned model was for the demonstration dealer shows only. They were used for cheaper insurance because they were doing so many shows. All 800 models will come with the spec'd hp and no detuning.

Anyone in here who hasn't ridden one and says they are over rated is in for a HUGE suprise.....I knwo what everyone is thinking.."I'm sure they are good, but how can they be all that great"......you'll find out when you ride it, it's undescribable....

People better get use to saying "bombardier has built the best atv to this date...." This machine will not dissapoint

Old 07-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

Take a standard King quad...and a standard outlander 800. I garuntee you will spend ATLEAST 1500-2000 dollars MORE than what you could buy an outie for, just to make your king quad be as equal of a machine. That includes...handling, engine power, suspension quality, and the biggest one that alot of people are not thinking about....FUEL MILEAGE!!! this thing is sweet when it comes to fuel mileage.....

Old 07-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

We just rode are 2 800 outlanders that came to our dealership and they ROCK!!!!
We sell Polaris also and we thought they were fast,well the Outlander smokes the 800 from Polaris
and that means it will crush all other brands as well.
as for being to heavy,you are crazy to think it is too heavy,and it is priced with the Polaris.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Desert Viper-
Not quite. My DS is the Viper model that has a dry weight of 460 lbs. From that subtract 6 lbs for the heavy stock exhaust, more for the stock heelguards and steel footpegs, more for lights, wiring harness, front fenders, and other needless fluff, and its closer to 430 lbs, which is still 50 lbs too heavy if you ask me. Doesn't matter anyway, because he didn't ask about my DS.
Point taken, but maybe change your signature to show the mods to your quad, and take a happy pill.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Western
So other than go faster, what will the Outlander 800 do that a King Quad or Grizzly can't do?

ATVs are kind of like snowmobiles (in one aspect). Sleds started out with 340s to 580s to 600s to 700s to 800s and now Bombardier/Skidoo has the RT 1000. The biggest, baddest, fastest powder sled on the market. Great deal right? Over 50% of the people I know who bought the RT 1000 are trying to sell them so they can buy back the Rev 800.

Not saying that the Outlander 800 is going to be the Ski Doo RT 1000 of ATVs, but it might.
The answer to your first question is there is not likely anything your KQ can't do except go as fast. The thing that is important is that the BRP 800 seems to be able to do everything better.

Thats why I will also say its the finest 4x4 quad money can buy.

Just a side note on the sleds and in relation to what it would seem possable to do as a mod to the BRP 800. There is another name BRP sells sleds under in Europe and that is Linx and in that division of BRP they use a 1300 V-twin that I beleve is based of the the 1000 that the new ATV's 800 V-twin is based off of. If all that works out to be interchangeable. We could potentialy swap some heads and swap out the 800's 42mm injectors for the 52mm injectors that 1300 uses and BAMMMM you have a 1300cc monster quad. According to the Linx sight that 1300 is actualy 1288cc puting out 102HP at a low rpm I think was about 6250. Anyway just some food for thought.

Old 07-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

imagine that engine in a quad. Hmmmm.

Old 07-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

cc1999

The answer to your first question is there is not likely anything your KQ can't do except go as fast. The thing that is important is that the BRP 800 seems to be able to do everything better.
Just curious, besides go faster, what exactly do you think the BRP 800 can do so much better in that the KQ doesn't do. You didn't say anything besides the fact that it can go faster, so tell me what makes it sooo much better. It's certainly not the looks of the BRP 800, that thing's ugly!!! And the suspension on the KQ is great, as well as the handling....what else is there.

Quick Reply: What is your 1st impression of the new Outlander 800?