CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NOs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOs

LOL yea now that would be somthing to see.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOs

Excellent thread here, and thanks to Marky for explaining the Boondockers system. My questions is how high of octane are you guys talking? I'm running a stock DS here and run 87 octane fuel.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOs

Originally posted by: Coyoteman
Excellent thread here, and thanks to Marky for explaining the Boondockers system. My questions is how high of octane are you guys talking? I'm running a stock DS here and run 87 octane fuel.
It just depends on the piston you are running. Typically, you start what is recommended for the piston compression you have and add a few more points of octane as well as one step cooler on the plug. Boondocker doesnt recommend any piston over 12:1, but I can tell you that Jed, CRAZY JED, runs a 13:1 at a much lower octane than recommended. I run a 12:1 piston, 1 step cooler on the plug, 110 octane race fuel, and 2.5 on the manometer. Thats a very safe level for Boondocker. The higher compression piston you go, the more your margin of error increases and the more accurate you air/fuel will need to be.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default NOs

It also depends on how you want your bike to run off the NOS. If your wanting the absolute maximum performance out of your quad on the NOS, the higher the better. The reason being, the higher octane fuels like 116 or 118 race gas has a lower specific gravity (usually between 7 and 7.2). This alows for the fuel to atmomise in smaller sizes of droplets, thus it bonds with the N2O better making it a more effecient burn.

expect your quad to run like crap though when your off the NOS. One way to do it is to run 110 till your done running the NOS then top off your tank with good ol regular gas and the two will balance nicely.

ALWAYS make sure you have enough gas in the tank on NOS, if you run out.....BIG BOOM! BIG DOLLARS!!