CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Leave it to me to open a can of worms....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Air
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leave it to me to open a can of worms....

Originally posted by: Hightower
the ONLY difference between the HSR and the TM is that the TM has an aluminum collar on the front to make it fit the space on the DS between the air boot and the manifold perfectly and provide a more secure mount.Oh, that and the Pumper comes un-adulterated by RWR and fully intact - like it Should be. But you can get the TM from RWR with pumper fully intact, they just think its useless and they always recommend getting rid of it, but that is a mistake.
And how the cable attaches

Old 07-23-2005, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Ok wich one is better the TM48 or the 48HV (race gas)

Old 07-23-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

The Lectron HV46 woke up my bike big time. I did get it dialed in from MRHP. The Lectron can cost you more. I had a TM45 and I couldn't get it running right. It ran way too rich. The guy I sold it to dialed it and raved about it. Lectron IMO is simpler to work on. Getting to that main jet on the TM will take you longer than pulling the slide off on the Lectron and turning the fuel meter.

HOWEVER.....

The most RESPONSIVE DS I have ever ridden was one with a TM45 and accel pump. It leaped when I twisted the throttle. Note: I said twisted. I damn near almost killed myself on the thing (rode it on an MX track) but the response off idle was really abrupt.

Not to cause any "phantom" like speculation (sorry pal I just used you as a reference)... but a buddy of mine in MI mentioned he found a EFI solution for 200-300 bucks. I will post when I get some concrete news.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Air
Originally posted by: Hightower
the ONLY difference between the HSR and the TM is that the TM has an aluminum collar on the front to make it fit the space on the DS between the air boot and the manifold perfectly and provide a more secure mount.Oh, that and the Pumper comes un-adulterated by RWR and fully intact - like it Should be. But you can get the TM from RWR with pumper fully intact, they just think its useless and they always recommend getting rid of it, but that is a mistake.
And how the cable attaches
Just the older models Air, Raptoids new HSR he purchased recently attached identical to my older TM45, on the right side.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Keep in mind, the Lectron 44 isn't as good of a comparison as the Lectron 46HV. The 46HV has a lot more going for it. The 44 is more or less an option based on budget. I have the 46 and it is great, the TM45 is also a great option, but I'm no fan of the 44 on a DS - it just isn't big enough near as I've seen. Now for a stock and mild to mid level modified machine the 48s are often too big, but if you go big with the mods then you'll worry about the 48s. As for which is better, well, do you like Bombardier or Yamaha? Ford, Chevy or Dodge? Regular or Light Beer?