CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

End Cap? Mr Hp or Mod Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End Cap? Mr Hp or Mod Quad?

Well which one they both look the same, were taking Apples vs Apples here! and im not talking cost.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

ERBEDS650,

I know of no performance difference between the two. They are different in other areas. The exhaust exit holes between the two are slightly different, the shape of the two are very different (one has square corners and the other has radioused corners), one has a straight cone they other is shaped differently, one has slotted screw holes to account for variances in the stock muffler can for a better fit, one of them has a professionally polished finish. One is substantially lower in price.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hi ERBEDS650,
I just read you thread and I just got done researching as much info as I could during the last year to find as much info as I could about Exhaust systems for the DS. Not the Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki but for the DS as this is the platform I intend to use it on and compairsons of the same pipe on a different platform don't translate perfectly. From all the adds I read and peoples reply there are a few questions you have to ask your self.
1. Do I want the all out best performance pipe with other Mods either done or planned to be done on the DS.
or
2. Do I need an entire new pipe or can you retain the header pipe and go with a slip on. (cheaper)

I had purchased the "Alba" DS in 04 which had there Alba pipe on the bike. Now everything I read about this pipe was that it SUCKED for various reasons. I had the open end exhaust and it just felt like something was holding the bike back. I mean it sounded good both on the bike and when some one else would ride it. I really liked the sound of there pipe but the design of the header and mid pipe connector was the problem. They have since stopped selling the pipe and have moved on to another brand.
I opted for the Ron Woods pipe. It was real easy to put on. The finish is great and I think It sounds really good. From what I found if sound levels of around 100+ are ok with you and you need a full pipe system this is the way to go.

IF you opting for a slip on the HMF or BigGun was the best bang for the buck as your only paying for the rear half of the pipe.
I needed an entire exhaust system that worked specifically with the DS and my mods (CDI, TM 45 CARB, & No airbox) everything I read the Ron Woods pipe "Delivers" he may not brag in Add after Add after Add in the mags but you get what you pay for.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

ILivSD,

I thought this thread was about end caps? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Marky.....see your E-MAIL.....

Old 07-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

SCOUNDREL,

You are correct....

I am sick and have sand withdrawl ....

Sory bout that....

Old 07-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ILivSD
SCOUNDREL,

You are correct....

I am sick and have sand withdrawl ....

Sory bout that....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What..? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] When you've been here longer you will find that I'm never correct! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]