CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS in last place !

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS in last place !

unless being in last place means that there going to take my ds back, i don't really give a chit what the poles say[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mod for Mod & Pound for Pound, lets line em up and see who's first and last....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

bombs winning

Old 07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ660R
I'm wondering why Bombardier hasn't done anything to their DS. Yamaha got working and made the Raptor 700r, Polaris did a whole bunch of mess to the Predator, and how about the DS? I know some will say nothing needs to be changed to the DS, but that's not true. You all know it's to wide, a bit too heavy and some other stuff. I would really like to see a better and improved DS with reverse a 400 dry weight and some other goodies. Am I alone or what?

No. You are not alone. But why mess with perfection?
They did make some changes through the years. Not much, but some. It's a great machine. Reliable, comfortable, powerful, durable, too.
Word is they are going to be releasing so many over the course of the next couple years you will be sick of hearing about them!

Old 07-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One vote here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Now we are in first

Old 07-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The DS was and is designed for the desert and dunes so its not too wide. we all know its nowhere near ideal for GNCC style stuff, which is the only place the width hinders. if you take away the width you are left with a less ideal desert machine in the desert and dunes and one that is still not ideal for woods.
when the DS went from the original 50 to 48, I was glad that rims and tires alone could achieve that so people still have the option of taking her back to 50 for all the right reasons.

doesn't it seem odd that so many people with 46" bikes are buying +2 all the way around, while at the same time the DS is supposed to be too wide?

in order to have 12" of suspension travel without the frame hitting the ground before the travel is totally used, stuff must be long. Geometry does not allow it otherwise.

Old 07-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hightower

doesn't it seem odd that so many people with 46" bikes are buying +2 all the way around, while at the same time the DS is supposed to be too wide?

So true! I hear it all the time and yet their own machine has been widened??
There is a guy that wins his class almost everytime on his stock DS at our hare scrambles here in FL.
It is an oddity to see us at these events. Placing well, proves it is a good machine no matter what.
I remember racing with Tim Farr (being lapped!) and noticing how wide his axle was. Wider than anybody else. And he kicked everybody's butt.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

I know some will say nothing needs to be changed to the DS, but that's not true. You all know it's to wide, a bit too heavy and some other stuff. I would really like to see a better and improved DS with reverse a 400 dry weight and some other goodies. Am I alone or what?
>>>>>>

This is EXACTLY what I've told my friends, those changes would make it perfect for me.

A small airtight storage compartment would be nice as well.

Fix the oil change hole problem where all the oil goes on the skid plate.

Ditto the front reserve oil tank.

Digital speedo/tach.

Battery seems to run low easily or it takes a lot to crank it?? Any solutions or similar problems?

Old 07-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Range Rover

Voted for the Bomb [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

One more for the DS ,but they are already #1 anyway

Quick Reply: DS in last place !