CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Best Exhaust For The DS650?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust For The DS650?

Im looking to go aftermarket for my exhaust and I'm trying to find the one with the most gains. Does anyone know what company to go with???

Old 07-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It just depends on what kind of riding your looking to do....dragracing, trails or what....! It also depends on noise restrictions where you may ride...let us know. I know one pipe that will put out the ponies....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Im pretty sure that Ron Woods has the best peak hp out of all the aftermarket pipes, not including the drag pipes.

Old 07-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

This is a post I put in previously but still applies.....

Thanks 650VIPER for that info as I just bought the RW Pipe.
I have not run it yet out in the open yet as the bike still needs to be tuned properly with my TM45 but that's the kind of info I was looking for. My Friend put like 4G's into his 686 Raptor and I am just trying to keep my lead.
I personally liked the look of the RW pipe better than any of the others and I really value the work Ron Woods has done. There's bragging then there's the DYNO Facts.
He may not be Johnny come lately with all the wiz bang bragging ads in the various ATV mags but mad does it work.
I compaired all the various info I could find abotu exhaust pipes that are availiable for the DS the Big Gun (about the same price) offers what I though was the 2nd best pipe out there on the market today and it was spark arrested and quieter 95db. Lots of other folks seemed pretty happy with there purchase.
I am more of a Glamis Dunes guy in WIDE OPEN SPACES so I wanted the most performance bang I could get with out running a "Drag" pipe and the option is always there to run the SuperTraps conversion if I need to.
ILIVSD

Old 07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

once again I will post this- MrHp was working with dg performance exhaust doing dyno work for them and they settled on a pipe that is suppose to be better than any previous pipe and now they are just waiting for the final prodution run on them , a month or so away

Old 07-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

Im looking for the biggest gains overall. It sounds like the Ron Woods racing is the best, is that buying the head pipe also or what do you guys think about the stock head pipe on the DS? Which pipe are you talking about choosetolose04??

Old 07-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I think its already been stated that the Ron Woods pipe would be the best inframe pipe with the most gains thus far...they also make the nice little conversion into an inframe dragpipe which I was really impressed with. I have not seen any dyno comparisons as far as the difference in power gains between the regular Ron Woods pipe and their inframe dragpipe. Now, if the decibals are not a factor the HPR drag pipe will drag the horsepower out of a motor from stock to wild. Also, HPR is currently working on an inframe dragpipe that is suppose to out produce any other inframe pipe on the market..but, I guess we will have to hide and watch.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you dont rev alot over 7000 rpm, and still want bottom end power, the Ron Woods is not the pipe for you. I have huge cams and lost my top end when I sold my Ron Woods pipe, but with the stock with end cap I regained the bottom end. I had no bottom end with the RWR pipe, now I can pop wheelies again. The best pipe would still have bottom end grunt and flow like crazy up top, unless you buy a drag pipe I dont think that exists. If you want just a good all around pipe buy a slip on and save your money, if you do rev high and want a top end pipe the RWR is for you, my .02.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

hp research will be selling a slip on that runs with the stock headpipes soon!!! you can bet it will smoke all other pipes out there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i hope mine is one of the first ones to go on a 730. stay tuned [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

Jeffroe, what pipe is on your 730 now?

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust For The DS650?