CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Come on Bomb step up

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Come on Bomb step up

If fourwheelers start being like snowmobiles, I'll go broke. Lets keep the same design for a 5-10 years, that way they dont go outdated! The 700 i seen run ran good. I seen him running 450's on some of the steepest hills St. Anns has and was pulling most of them hard. He ran one of our Ds's, but didnt look good doing it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not a good comparison but for stock it is definitly faster than a stock Ds, but ugly as all get out. Why is everyone just so set on getting something new? There still isnt anything new out that runs as good and reliably as the Ds. Why then change? We all know if they make it lighter or faster, it's probably not going to be as reliable as a stock quad is now. Look at all us with the faster and lighter quads, we are always fixing something, even if its small, just the name of the game.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new and improved ds lightweight and with reverse. You can only hope for the best! I luv my DS, but i alwayz look for improvement like everyone else

Old 08-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Pro Rider

Actually I think Bomb is one of the companies who could make a lighter weight but yet powerful quad & be reliable. Bomb doesn't cut corners.

I'm not asking for big changes. I've rode two 450R's & I don't like them for me. I just wanted something more nimble, with the 650 motor maybe even with fuel injection. I really want reverse too. Polaris added reverse and it only added 3 lbs. The last 2 years I started to see more DS's. Where before I NEVER saw any. Obviously the BRP ad campaign has worked. But with these new & improved quads coming out my 01 is feeling old. On the other hand, it looks great & runs great. Must be my TLC....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Nobody seems to run a stock DS anyway. Even id Bomb came out with some modifications you would still do the same chit to it as you did now..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The weight factor doesn't really effect me and I like the way the DS is built so bullet proof. No wimpy jap beer cans on this baby!

Old 08-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

What i see in the other light sport quadz, that they have cracks in their frame (ex kawi, suz 400) from having light frames. The DS is made bulkier, but is made to last although. I guess we shouldn't be complainin, but should be proud of the DS. Many of my friendz would luv to have a DS if they had the $$$ rite now.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

What i see in the other light sport quadz, that they have cracks in their frame (ex kawi, suz 400) from having light frames. The DS is made bulkier, but is made to last although. I guess we shouldn't be complainin, but should be proud of the DS. Many of my friendz would luv to have a DS if they had the $$$ rite now>>>>>>>

My DS has been rolled twice now. The only major damage was the steering shaft which I was able to get back close to straight, not exactly perfect but can't really notice when riding. My buddy rolled it down a trail and into a tree, broke a seat latch and got some of the controls dirty, nothing else.

To contrast that, my friend rolled his raptor 350, three times and it bent the hell out of the handlebars and bent the rear axle. Had this thing taken the hit my DS did it would be totaled by now IMO.

Ditto on the Outlander, it took a HARD spill and only damage was some broken plastic absolutely zero frame/suspension damage and it rolled then slid upside down over 20ft. The brake lever left a 1" groove in the hard clay over 20ft long and showed no damage to the lever LOL. I rode it the rest of the day after that with no problems.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

01DS650

have you had a chance to put some seat time on a new 04-05' model BahaX???

My brothers 04'X feels NIGHT & DAY more nimble and manueverable(sp) than my 01 DS. They really changed the geometry and the whole bike feels lighter, even though its not.

Bigger.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

I know exactly what you are talking about , my buddies 04x feels way lighter and more nimble than mine. I am looking into making mine handle more like his.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

i've rolled my DS about 5 timez. None of them at a real fast speed. All i've done was bent the clutch handle and just a few surface scatches. I'd say that is pretty good.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Bigger,
yeah I rode an 04X for a short time. It was a better ride. The front felt alot lighter. The DS still needs an update though. I keep holding on hoping they add power & reverse. I'm really afraid to buy a new quad, when I do the next best thing comes right out afterward! I want to stay with Bomb but I need to see some updates.