CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sicily Island Fall Jamboree!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sicily Island Fall Jamboree!

Alright guys. The dust has finally settled and once again Finishline Racing took the crown for not only the fastest 4-stroke...but also King of the Hill. Their big YFZ on a drag chassis killed the 4mm Cub banshee out the hole and the banshee just could'nt make it up in 300. THEBOM actually ran that same YFZ after the races and was within a half of bike of it. But, hey thats racing LOL! Of course I got pitted against that big YFZ on my first pass and lost by about 5 bikes, LOL! Oh well, thats the nature of the beast. The track was groomed after 5 or 6 passes. Everybody seemed to be very happy the way things were ran. I think it was another fun filled weekend that was a success and guess what.....we WILL only get FASTER. Jarhead's bike ran extremely well. I think the most impressing stock chassis bike there was Silverbullet's bike. He was put out by one of the Finishline bikes. But, it was a very close race. I met a lot of new faces. Im not going to start and try to name them because I know I will forget. If there is anything that would have made this event even better....it would have been to have all of the Arizona, Nebraska, Iowa & Virginia guys here. But hey, we will give you all about 4 months to start planning NOW![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

Choosen sound like you & thebom represented the bombs well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Were there any other bombs there? What are you planning next for the spider bike? Very impressive for a bolt on bike!!!

Old 10-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Joe, the bombs were represented very well. Considering Im only a bolt-on bike running a semi-drag chassis and Jeff is making tons of power but is riding a tank. So, I think the DS's were represented quite well. We sure did turn a lot of heads with those buses. LOL!

We are going to be working on the next phase of this strict diet program for the spiderbike in the coming months. It will not even be funny in February at the next Clash of the Titans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Did Jeff get his 830 going? The last I heard, Jeff sheared off one of his Ti axle pinch bolts and didn't know if he could find another. Jeff also said that a white pickup truck ran his nephew (Eric) off the road while leaving practice Friday night. I didn't get all the details but the white truck didn't stop. I'm sure Jeff will fill in the details.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, He got the 830 going again for the races. I dont know anything about the white truck.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

Old 10-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Alright guys. The dust has finally settled and once again Finishline Racing took the crown for not only the fastest 4-stroke...but also King of the Hill. Their big YFZ on a drag chassis killed the 4mm Cub banshee out the hole and the banshee just could'nt make it up in 300. THEBOM actually ran that same YFZ after the races and was within a half of bike of it. But, hey thats racing LOL! Of course I got pitted against that big YFZ on my first pass and lost by about 5 bikes, LOL! Oh well, thats the nature of the beast. The track was groomed after 5 or 6 passes. Everybody seemed to be very happy the way things were ran. I think it was another fun filled weekend that was a success and guess what.....we WILL only get FASTER. Jarhead's bike ran extremely well. I think the most impressing stock chassis bike there was Silverbullet's bike. He was put out by one of the Finishline bikes. But, it was a very close race. I met a lot of new faces. Im not going to start and try to name them because I know I will forget. If there is anything that would have made this event even better....it would have been to have all of the Arizona, Nebraska, Iowa & Virginia guys here. But hey, we will give you all about 4 months to start planning NOW![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

hey choosetolose.that's just a stock cylinder 4mil not a cub.yeah, if I had just had another 20ft. , but oh well, that's racing!maybe next time I will be better set up for sand.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaBomb
Originally posted by: choosetolose04

hey choosetolose.that's just a stock cylinder 4mil not a cub.yeah, if I had just had another 20ft. , but oh well, that's racing!maybe next time I will be better set up for sand.

Im very sorry. My mistake. Thank you for correcting that. Yes, you done extremely well for being setup to run asphalt. Im sure you will only be faster next go around.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did choosetolose beat me?(Trying to forget my pride)LOL!Yes.I have to give him credit.Just to let you know,the banshee dynoed mid-70's.So,I'd say the new frame mods worked.Congradulations.Will I be faster next year.If I get my hands on the money,you bet ya.Let's see,take some weight off the banshee.Add at least 15 to 20 horses.I might have something for ya choose.Then again,maybe go back to race gas and add some laughing gas.Who knows?Didn't spiderman have an arch nemesis?The KingPin.Are you calling me fat?Truth hurts.LOL!

Old 10-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrads Choose, Seems the frame made a big difference from the Last Sicily event. Just need a little more ponies to hold off the big boys!!

Congrads also to The Bom and Finishline racing.

Quick Reply: Sicily Island Fall Jamboree!