CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Looney Toon Exhaust For The DS??

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looney Toon Exhaust For The DS??

Has anyone tried the Looney Toon dual exhaust for the DS?? Is it worth the money?

Old 08-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

1FastDS650.....

OregonDunePatrol is currently runnin the dual exhaust from LTE on a DS650 he can give you his real world opnion.

I just recently did a bit of reading and shopping for an exhaust for my 04 DS. The LTE was by far the best performing pipe where sound restrictions are in effect ! but the proven Dyno results were hard to narrow down even after I contacted them via e-mail.

I opted for the full RW pipe as he had proven dyno results showing true gains in HP and Torque on the DS 650 but its sound levels are in the area of 105db. I primarily run the Duens down here in SoCal. so I had no problem with that. : - )
I realy like the look of the dual pipe but don't personally think its worth the money if MAX performance is what your looking for.
I am really happy with the RW pipe ... they did a good job with it...

Just my 2 cents worth ....

OregonDunePartol ... is the guy you want to contact....

ILIVSD

Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

I have a set of LTE's on my EX. I sold my DS to Jed and it did have the RWR exhaust. I know a lot of people that have the LTE on thier DS and met some of them at Sand Mountain over the Memorial Day.

Here's my take on them. 1) You only consider them if you have noise issues. If you dont, there are less expensive exhaust systems out there that make more power. 2) They actually do provide a healthy gain in power accross the board. 3) They are expensive ; made of stainless and have two of everything. 4) The hemispherical screen spark arrestors are invisible exhaust pressure - thats a good thing. 5) They are not a drag pipe - If you want a drag pipe, then you dont care about noise or being spark arrested. 6) They are a very good dune pipe - quiet and performance all in one. 7) They are not a good exhaust system if you plan on crossing rivers or going 40mph accross streams - You have to remove the airbox and go with a direct mount filter. Now I know a lot of you think that going to a direct mount air filter is a sin. But the overall gains to the LTE speak for themselves.

I know of no other performance exhaust that has as good of a power gain as the LTE and provides legal DB levels. If you dont care about noise, look somewhere else.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looney Toon, like bugs bunny, dafy duck, taz......J/K lol.................................LOL

Old 08-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

A riding buddy put the LTE on his Raptor and we have been EXTREMELY impressed with the power gains.

Old 08-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

OregonDunePatrol,
What exhaust do you suggest I don't really want a drag pipe bc I do trail riding too. Right now I have RWR 11.5-1 piston, port and polished head, K&N, Polished intake, thinkin about a different carb too... I modifed my tip on stock exhaust and took out the baffle. I don't really care about noise but I want the most bang possible for my 00 DS.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

1FastDS650,

I think you're going to have to ask yourself, "where do I want the power"? Trail riding and drag racing are opposite ends of the spectrum. If you get an exhaust that breathes really well for drag racing, you wont find the torque you need at the low end for trail riding. So, if you want an exhaust that has power gains all over, it will never be huge on power on the top, or on the bottom.

There are several pipes that are in the middle. I'm sure there are guys on here that will be happy to mention the pipes that provide overall power.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1FastDS650
OregonDunePatrol,
What exhaust do you suggest I don't really want a drag pipe bc I do trail riding too. Right now I have RWR 11.5-1 piston, port and polished head, K&N, Polished intake, thinkin about a different carb too... I modifed my tip on stock exhaust and took out the baffle. I don't really care about noise but I want the most bang possible for my 00 DS.

Well the thread has went from Looney Toon Exhaust to the most exhaust for the money. I think the Ron Woods, CT or the Big Gun would be top contenders as far as performance is concerned. You need to check out some prices to determine which would be the best bang for the buck...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

In terms of flow, 1 being the most, I would rate those pipes as follows ....

1) Full Ron Wood Racing
2) Full CT
3) Big Gun EVO X

Again, higher flow puts the horsepower on the high RPM scale, lower flow, puts more torque at the lower RPM scale. This is my opinion on where they are.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Trailblazer

OregonDunePatrol,
What do you think about the HFM slip on? I've seen that a few people recommend it as a good pipe. Also I was wondering if the RWR head pipe makes much of a difference from the stock head pipe?

Quick Reply: Looney Toon Exhaust For The DS??