CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PRM CARGO RACK WITH STRAPS, GOT ONE?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:50 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRM CARGO RACK WITH STRAPS, GOT ONE?

I ordered one of these and was curious if anyone else had one and how they like them. I wanted to be able to carry a cooler, extra gas and possibly a tool kit for long rides. Let me know what you think of them. If no one has one, mine will be here 8/17, I will let you know how I like it in a week or so. Thanks!

William, aka Newbomber

Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I had one on my EX for a few years. I liked it, it was pretty light for what it was. I loaned my EX to a friend and he ended up rolling it end over end on the beach two years ago. The rack ended up with a crack in it - and my EX frame broke too. They are strong.

After that, my friend never came around much ... LOL - Probably for health reasons! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

Thanks ODP for the info. My Wife's stepdad has one on his Z400 and really likes it so I thought I would try it out. I haven't ever seen one on a DS650 so I was just curios to see how it fit and if it got in the way or not while riding. Does anyone out there have one on a DS or know of someone who has one on a DS? Or am I the first?

Old 08-17-2005, 05:20 AM
Pro Rider

I don't have one but am looking at getting one. Let me know how it comes out with clearance on the pipe, etc....

Old 08-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Exhaust clearance is never a problem with those racks. The only time there are exhaust clearance issues are with the EX with dual exhaust - and thats a mounting issue (also true with the Z, YFZ and 450R). The DS does not have this problem because the duals are routed under the seat. The cargo rack is mounted higher and forward towards the seat. Some people complain that if they ride double, their hind end of the passenger can come in contact with the rack because of its position. The DS has a big seat, so thats not normally a problem for that model. But on the Z, EX, YFZ, and 450R, that is more of a concern.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

Got my Rack today, also got the Odyssey PC545 Battery I ordered from Battery Solutions. Both are already mounted on the bike and look great, I will have to wash my bike and take some pictures. ODP was right, no mounting issues, the rack sits high, the drop down grab bar is just above the light. I strapped on my Igloo Little Playmate cooler and my 1 gallon gas can and had room on the other side for another. It is a solid piece and being aluminum only weighed about half as much as the battery I got. I look forward to seeing how it is to ride with it on, hopefully it won't get in the way. It shouldn't though, it sits behind and above the back of the seat.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

I got mine today also (thanks mark). looks good gonna mount it up tonight. might do a little polishin on it first. The welds are some of the best ive seen on aftermarket parts.

Old 08-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

So how about some pictures? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2005, 02:51 AM
Range Rover

I will try to get some on this week!

Old 09-08-2005, 02:10 AM
Range Rover

I finally got the pictures of the rack posted. Please excuse the muddy bike! Tell me what you guys think. I like it!

Quick Reply: PRM CARGO RACK WITH STRAPS, GOT ONE?