CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo DS in DW

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo DS in DW

I bet is sounds like this.
THis Turbo DS is amazing, it pulls so much harder than stock. The powerband is better than stock by a mile. It lifts up the front tires at will. Call up XYZ racing and get you one.

DW is a joke, but I do like to look at the pictures.
Thanks for the heads up, I will buy it and look at the pics.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

Hey BillDS650,

I see your also from San Diego,

Curious if you want to hook up some time and hit the dunes ? I am out in east county the Santeee/Lakeside area.
I am getting my bike ready for this season and curious if you want to go out some time ?

Nice Pics on your web link ....
http://www.members.***.net

ILIVSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

Scooby's turbo DS is wicked. I have not seen the DW article but....

Old 09-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Range Rover
Default Turbo DS in DW

im getting the turbo kit ordering tomorrow for it the kit and all those excesseries that they recommend...oh boy when i get this baby out there, just stay out of the way

Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

Originally posted by: Shanksta
im getting the turbo kit ordering tomorrow for it the kit and all those excesseries that they recommend...oh boy when i get this baby out there, just stay out of the way
By looking at what you have already put on your quad, you should be able to recoup some money by selling your carb, pipe, and other items you won't need as the turbo kit will replace it.

Thats why I went right to the Turbo first, instead of buying the other performance mods a step at a time. Either way you will end spending the same amount of money. I just did it all at once, up front, and have more time to enjoy my mods.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Turbo DS in DW

"A hearty thumbs up"... Dirt Wheels... What the f%#& does "hearty" have to do with quads? Is it a soup that eats like a meal? Does it stick to your ribs? Is is a strong prairie settler family that against all odds profits off breaking the American frontier? Dirtwheels are biggest idiots that every passed grade 6 - shoulda held back another couple years...

Who in their right mind WOULDN'T give a turbo that doubles HP a KNARLY two (hearty) thumbs up???!!!

P.S. I despise Dirtwheels, a magazine that ****** itself to the highest Japanese bidder and uses "hearty" in the same sentence as "turbo".

Old 09-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

haha lol

Old 09-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

Originally posted by: AceShwetz
"A hearty thumbs up"... Dirt Wheels... What the f%#& does "hearty" have to do with quads? Is it a soup that eats like a meal? Does it stick to your ribs? Is is a strong prairie settler family that against all odds profits off breaking the American frontier? Dirtwheels are biggest idiots that every passed grade 6 - shoulda held back another couple years...

Who in their right mind WOULDN'T give a turbo that doubles HP a KNARLY two (hearty) thumbs up???!!!

P.S. I despise Dirtwheels, a magazine that ****** itself to the highest Japanese bidder and uses "hearty" in the same sentence as "turbo".
Wow. Not sure why you're so hard on DW and also not sure what the Canadian dictionary defines "Hearty" as, but the Webster's American Heritage dictionary defines it as : 1. Expressed warmly, exuberantly, and unrestrainedly and 2. Complete or thorough; unequivocal: hearty support. Hmmmmm....makes sense. Can't find "Knarly" though, but I found "knarled". I don't think the DS Turbo was knarled, unless they wrecked it or something.
As for Japanese bidders for magazine fame, I count in the new DW 7 new machines being evaluated, 4 from US companies, 2 Japanese (1 built in the US) and 1 Canadian. I also count 152 advertiser's, almost ALL American (couple Canadians), zero Japanese unless you count the manufactuerers. But, who's counting?
Text[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2005, 03:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

Oh, and one more thing to DSXBear. GREAT JOB on the article! I know the struggles you dealt with and I am personally pleased to see a real rider doing real research and coverage from a realistic perspective. Keep up the good work.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Turbo DS in DW