CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo DS in DW

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 04:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo DS in DW

Originally posted by: afterburner
Oh, and one more thing to DSXBear. GREAT JOB on the article! I know the struggles you dealt with and I am personally pleased to see a real rider doing real research and coverage from a realistic perspective. Keep up the good work.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah what he said

Old 09-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Range Rover
Default Turbo DS in DW

I don't know... I'll have to call you on this one. I don't have a dictionary in front of me right now, however hearty (in my world) refers to a homecooked, stick-to-your ribs meal (as in "I'll have some of that hearty stew, mom!") or to decribe a state of being, "toughness" if you will (the hearty settlers, against all odds, survived and prospered in the Canadian west!). I'll buy a dictionary today, if I'm wrong I'll admit it on here, in front of all of you that I was incorrect and EAT MY GINCH with some salt and pepper!!! I still don't think hearty should be included in a motorhead magazine. And knarley - c'mon, if you've ever ridden your DS or Rappy or whatever with anyone thats a true motorhead I'm sure you don't need to look it up in the dic...

Either way, I still hate DW. I'm not referring to the adverisers per se or which machines are tested, but as everyone here is well aware of certain brand makes NEVER win a shootout no matter how good of a machine they make, and certain makes ALWAYS win no matter what - granted they are a little better in recent years, but back in the 90s it was REDICULOUS. Plus their writing style fits in with grade 9 (granted not as bad as 4WheelAction though) and their editing sux. To add, sometimes I feel they are completely clueless on quads (check out the latest 4WA cover - another HiTorque publication - more mistakes than ol' Billy Clinton on Monica. The other new mags out there are so much better...

I'm gonna have to give DW a hearty AceShwetz three thumbs down. What? I'm a mutant with three thumbs, don't make fun of me.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

It would appear that you set high literary standards. But, as you and the other settlers sit around and enjoy your heaping bowls of hearty stew, try to consider this. First, I respect your opinion because we are all entitled, BUT-I don't agree with you. Maybe that's because I actually know some of the DW writers. And I should change that from "writers" to "riders". You see, the good folks at DW are real ATV riders, not literature professors. And if they actually spoke in the tongue of their profession at the technical levels they are capable of, they would leave most of us in their dust. For instance, I just had a very recent discussion regarding the frame aspect geometry of a design we were developing. We talked about the dissimilar metals (weight savings) resulting in a current producing juncture (thermocouple) which would adversely affect the fuel injection ground. In addition, we focused on the running load limits, in which we inadvertently created a frame core cross-section that resulted in a resonance chamber, or a resonant cavity, that generated excessive harmonics. This is not fiction, but it would be an insult to presume we are equally comprehended by all. Understanding this, they try to perform a service by writing about the technical issues to everyone fairly and in a way that everyone can get something from the story in the hope it may help them make a good decision, regardless of if it's to enter a race or make a purchase. That is very hard to do. I applaud them for even considering these kinds of things and it's unfortunate you feel it appropriate to degrade them for that.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

........and it takes a while to sort through all of that rocket science jibberish,put it in language that a 9th grade Canadian can understand, criticize and pay his measley $6.99 in Canuck Bucks to read from a magazine he hates anyways.

You cant make everyone happy. Ive never met this critter from the Canadian wild, but I guess he's entitled to write disparaging comments about someone he has never met, a story he has no understanding of where it came from or why it came to be. And the hate, cant answer that, either.

I give my hearty dirtwheels thumbs up, (his are obviously already up somebody's . . . ! ), to that!

To the rest of you, I am glad you enjoyed the article, and thank you for the many favorable comments. I look forward to doing some more articles on the Bombardier DS in future. As well as a few articles on well deserving NW area riders, businesses and events.

Peace.

The Bear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

does anybody have a link to the review of the turbo ds by dw i went to six stores looking for the dw magazine but no one stock's it. i just orderd my subsciption but i doubt ill get the turbo ds issue thanks

Old 09-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Turbo DS in DW

Call (661)295-1910 and ask for an October 2005 issue of Dirtwheels. Explain to them that you just paid for a subscription and you want a copy of the DS Turbo issue. I dont think the article is linked on the website, but you can go to Dirtwheels Fan and check it out.

Enjoy!

The Bear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]