CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

closer rear wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default closer rear wheels

making the rear wheels closer by flipping the rims around "with haulers of corse" does that help out on the holeshot

Old 09-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

hey bigbird, i say if you want to try this then knock it out. but here's a little story. the '00 that i have now was purchased from a guy whos wife was making him sell it because of an accident that he had at dumont where he broke a leg, a wrist, and some ribs.
after i loaded it into the back of the truck and was putting the ramps away i thought something looked out of place. couple of hours later when i got home and unloaded it became apparant. took it out for a little while and noticed it was nowhere near as stable as my '01 or '03. got back to the house and put them side by side. the rear wheels were on inside out (?) and made the width much narrower, and very noticably more unstable.
i guess if you are doing straight line drags and not kicking up a storm in the dunes or on the trails then it may be safe.
let's see what others that do lots of dragging have to say. just my experience here. good luck with it.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Whether the rear end is more narrow or the frontend is wider....it makes the bike track straighter whenever launching out the hole. I guess its just according to how you look at it. But, I turned the wheels inside out on mine and it seems to fish-tail pretty bad. I know some folks on here have turned the hubs inside out and have had some luck. Man, you sure are getting pretty serious with this drag racing....I guess its about time for me to make another trip to the river...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

lol well sure looks like i dont need to do that to the wheels thanks guys for saving me the trouble and maybe pain

(Man, you sure are getting pretty serious with this drag racing....I guess its about time for me to make another trip to the river... )

well wait a little while i need to get a little more serious before you make that trip so i can at least give you a little competition