CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Thinking of building a DS 730? Read on.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of building a DS 730?

About a year ago, my stock '04 DS broke a piston. No big deal. I wanted to build a big bore for a while anyway. Here was my chance. I did some research and found that the after market ones were not that great. Leaking head gaskets and Dicks to work with. Big suprise from the aftermarket. I will have to build my own. After thinking about what I needed and welding up my stock cylinder I read about a guy offering a kit. Turns out, I should have waited about a month because HP Research came out with a BOLT ON kit that looks real nice. It's cheap too. I have made a few motors so building another was not a big deal. However, I would have rather bought this kit instead. It has every thing I put into mine except the builder has experience and test time on his kit. Mine is all welded up and not a new casting. I'm sure (hope) mine will work but for the time I have in mine, I should have bought an aftermarket kit. I never thought I would see the day I would say that. I'm proud of my acomplishment and its my own motor but it just wasn't practical compared to HPR's kit. My cylinder is at the plater now and I might get it together soon. Oh well....maybe next time. I will post some pics as soon as I have time to edit them down to fit (in case any one is interested).

Congratulations to HPR for what looks like an exellent kit and to there winning history. I wish them much success. It's about time the ATV aftermarket offers something worth buying.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Thinking of building a DS 730? Read on.

Do you have a web site so I can take a look at this kit? Thanks....

Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

hpresearch.net

Old 10-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
hpresearch.net
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

I was wondering what the wink was about. I guess my post looks like an info-mercial. Sorry, that's not me. I'm not endorsed by HPR. I just wanted to show respect to those I think deserve it. Anyway, I posted a couple pics of my DS cylinder. It's being NiCaSiled as we speak. I'm getting excited.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Halfliter
I was wondering what the wink was about. I guess my post looks like an info-mercial. Sorry, that's not me. I'm not endorsed by HPR. I just wanted to show respect to those I think deserve it. Anyway, I posted a couple pics of my DS cylinder. It's being NiCaSiled as we speak. I'm getting excited.
That means that Im just as excited as you are about what HPR is doing for the industry. The DS industry that is....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Well heres a wink from me also, im so excited about what there doing i ordered a second big bore kit from them yesterday. Carb, piston ,cylinder and the gaskets were in the first shipment.next month will be the cams, head porting, and the new top gun pipe. This was supposed to be a winter project but now i changed it to a fall one, that way in the spring i can start again on building the x up.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Well heres a wink from me also, im so excited about what there doing i ordered a second big bore kit from them yesterday. Carb, piston ,cylinder and the gaskets were in the first shipment.next month will be the cams, head porting, and the new top gun pipe. This was supposed to be a winter project but now i changed it to a fall one, that way in the spring i can start again on building the x up.
Dang, must be nice....oh well, I will get my chance....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2005, 06:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How did your kit turn out? Give us an update.

Quick Reply: Thinking of building a DS 730? Read on.