CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got my TM45 yesterday, questions.......UPDATED WITH DYNO RUN

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my TM45 yesterday, questions.......

Okay,
Here are the results. Very surprising if you ask me! Remember these are MY results, yours may be different. I base my statements here on MY dyno results. As soon as I find a scanner that work I will scan in the actual print out. The results of the Dyno sheets on "My Page are not very good. I will see if I can do better with these. This run after the carb, intake and CDI install. Ran the bike on the same dyno, and with the same set of tires as last time.
Ended up re-jetting to a 160 main jet. That jet gave me the most HP.

HP. 44 a gain of roughly 4 hp
Torgue 39 ft lbs. a gain of roughly 3-4 ft lbs.

The Ron Woods CDI did NOTHING to in crease HP. There was absolutely 0 gain. All it did was eliminate the rev-limiter. I removed it and put the stock CDI back on. At the point the stock CDI starts hitting the limiter, the power is dropping off and it is time to shift. The rev limiter is a nice "fail safe" for those missed shifts. In my opinion, bent valves are not worth it. Now, I ride mostly dunes, not toped out in 5 gear. That is where the rev-limiter would hinder you, with the RWR, you get more top end out of it.
Like I said. As soon as I get the dyno sheets scanned I will post them. I have one with the Stock CDI vs. the RWR, you can see the evidence for your self.

Okay, I am ready. Let me have it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Got my TM45 yesterday, questions.......UPDATED WITH DYNO RUN

Hey DaBomb650,

I see your point with the whole CDI topic.
I am going back to the 04 stock CDI unit as its the bumped Stock RPM model any way. It would seem like the problems are not worth the Vary Vary minor gains you see at the top end of the power band vs the damage issues others have seen.
I am taking off the Procomm unit as I am still getting weird starting issues and kick backs with some seriously scary loud clunking going on, on a regular basis. I'd say about 50% of the time.

I guess Its Just not worth it ....as I have read by others on this forum... the words I told you so come to mind right about now.
I am hoping the initial start up issues go away and all returns back to normal.
That's coll though I don't mind hitting the revlimiter now what with the enhanced performance I am getting out of the other mods I installed. You live and learn...

Thanks for the Power performance facts Re: the CDI's.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

ILivSD,
Thanks for the comments. I am in no way puting down ANY CDI (accept for procom, heard too many bad things). Neither do I want people to think I am telling anyone too, or not to use an aftermarket CDI. All I am saying is that the numbers don't lie! All I can tell you is that with all the very expensive to repair stating starting issues I have read about, and, in my case, the lack of increase in performance, I am going to stay with the stock CDI. I am sure others will not agree. That's okay. I am just simply puting out the information I got from about 3 hours on the Dyno at Little Sahara on Sunday. (THANKS DYNO MIKE!)

Old 10-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

... great....

Now I've got a "return" part for RWR?!

It's one of those things that I bought because 'you said so' kinds of things. Not you (any of you persay)... but the majority were riding with them. Being my GF will ride this thing... I'll take off the CDI and go stock. It sounds like the best thing to do for a stock'er. I've now got to work my carb this evening and make it a 'pumper'! ...and yes, I too have the #50.

I've never seen a Raped Ape... but I can't wait to ride it and see just what that's all about!! My GF is excited too... she's seen all the nights and days of)hard work let alone $$ that's gone into this thing. Some of you guys have put even more $$ into your machines... I can't imagine. Hats off to ya all! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]