CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pretty blue flame shooting out of exhaust when idling

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty blue flame shooting out of exhaust when idling

My DS is drunk and sits there farting a flame about 12 -18 inches out of the exhaust when idling. I don't notice it during the day but at night ....... Well we'll say the forestry service would not approve. It does it after its been run for awhile. Does anyone elses fart flames? After letting off the throttle sometimes she'll give a baaaaloooooppppp and the rider that happens to be behind me....... Well I would hate to be the one with no eye brows or lashes. Anyone elses do this or does mine just likes to cook her food before she eats it.
I have a lectron 46 that was converted to alchole, The oil isn't milky or have alky in it, my trinity pipes aren't blueing either they are a bright gold.
How long can you go on a tank of fuel? I get about and hour maybe an hour fifteen before it goes to reserve and then I had better not be to far or I am walking.
Finally how much ya paying for your alky? I just got another 55 gal drum and it was $96.25, which was the cheapest one this year; its my 3rd drum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: marrtoo
Does anyone elses fart flames?

emmmmmmmmmmm.........

OHH your talking about the bike!!!? then no........

Old 10-15-2003, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider

Mine does that when I let off of it, both in gear and in neutral when I rev it and let off. I've heard this is normal and pretty much can't get rid of that on alky.

But mine NEVER does it when it while idling. Maybe yours is a little rich???

I've just been buying my alky at a dragstrip by the 5 gallon can at $3 a gallon, gonna wait til spring to get a drum. I've only checked one other place and a 55 gallon drum is $125 there, hope I can find it cheaper.

I rode over an hour Sunday, didn't look like I burnt a whole gallon!!! I'm running RWR alky kit in my tm45 with the needle in richest position and a 285 main jet, runs VERY good!?!?!?!

Old 10-15-2003, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Every time it fires it has a flame out the exhaust...not like a fire flame but like a torch flame; a real big torch[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I don't see it during the day though haven't been able to convince anyone to put there hand over it to see if it can be felt though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Can someone tell me which way to turn the fuel adjustment where the two tubes go into on the lectron to richen and lean it?

Old 10-15-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

My Raptor would do it when I was running U-4 and the piston and rings were bad...granted it still ran hard...they were bad

Old 10-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

SHHHHHH!!!!!! Be nice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My DS used to do the same thing when I ran the dual 39's on Alky. When your alittle rich and your pipe is hot enough it will ignite the un burned fuel that collects in your exhaust canister. Because you have good rings is why it is going into your exhaust and not washing down your cylinder past your rings, thus milking your oil.

I personally would rather be rich then lean, and being rich on alky will not hurt your performance any. You can play with your jetting, but I would make note of where you have it know before "tweaking" so you can put it back to where you knew it ran good.

Bigger.

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Do the kids in your camp ask you to light up the DS when they want to roast marshmallows? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
You need to put a big Zippo sticker on that thing...lol!