CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 02:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls

Pastor,

You have touched a nerve!!! Let me tell you a couple of things!
1- Us Bombardier owners are not your typical "Quad owner". You will find more loyalty here than in all the Monceries in England So when you come on here and, do what amounts to a "friendly" trashing of our brand of quad, guess what? You deserve what ever tongue lashing you get.

2- Bombardier's line of Quads, utility included, are on the fore front of ATV technology. I won't even go into the Outlander, its WAY ahead of the competition! ALL other manufacturers out there are still relying on there age old technology with very few changes. Granted they are stating to show signs of change, and that it good for everyone. Didn't there used to be a 660, single cylinder Yamaha street bike in the early 70's, hmmmm........I remember one.
When the DS650 came out, there was NOTHING out there like it! It was the BIGGEST, BADDEST thing out there! It sent all the other manufacturers scrambling to get something out there to compete, thus the poorly designed, thrown together (in my opinion) Raptor! Both Yamaha and Honda have had their share of recalls, here are just a couple.
Raptor Recall
Honda Recall.
There are more, these are only a couple! Do a search for yourself and see.

3- Bombardier went out on a limb when they came out with the DS. Think about all the "goodies" you put on, what I call lesser quads, to get you to the Bomb came out with from the factory! Look at a Baja! NOTHING to add! One bad A machine right out of the box!!! Stop and think about it for a minute, this was/is a brand new machine from the ground up. There was nothing made, by them (Bombardier) or anyone, like it! How many other quad manufacturers have won the Baja 1000? NONE! How many other manufacturers had bikes even FINISH last years? NONE! The ONLY quad to finish was a basically stock '05 DSbajaX. The only addition were lights and tires.

Basically, you have ventured into territory you know nothing about. A word to the wise.....TREAD LIGHTLY! Because us Bomb owners Don't!

"Disclaimer - The views here are expressly the views of the author, they are not endorsed by this site, or any other. All statement should be taken within the context in which they are written. They are not meant to insult, degrade, slander, or otherwise deface any other manufacturer, person, or entity. They are simply one persons observations and responses the situation at hand."

Old 10-11-2005 | 02:57 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

YEAH, what clshortt said.

Nothing more needs to be added after that thrashing Pastor just got. Good, valid points.

Old 10-11-2005 | 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Besides,,,, Show me another quad manufacturer that gives a 5 year warranty for free..... I got one.....

Old 10-11-2005 | 05:32 PM
|
Pro Rider

Hey Guy's ...Lighten up. I can take a couple of good hits as well as the next guy...but...I was really adressing an issue that has already caught the public's attention...all the recalls. All I asked for was an explanation NOT a thrashing. Ouch.

Old 10-11-2005 | 06:09 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

WAAAH.

Just kidding Pastor. May have been a valid point but we are already aware. These things are darn near bulletproof, which some used to think about Honda. Do yourself a favor and take one for a spin, "in favor of tried and true" will fly out the window, as they don't make them any better than the BOMB.

Your post was kinda like "Dude your wife has a fine hind end, but she's bucktoothed and crosseyed". Not quite a compliment!
I've ridden everything produced since the mid 70's and nothing can compare to BRP.

Old 10-11-2005 | 06:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's your thread. . .

Post a link to the Bomb recalls then post them to the other Mfgr. recalls.

Not up to us to make the case. . . we didn't bring up the thread.

This is the same way it works in the courts. . . you bring a case it is up to you to proove it. . . not up to us to defend it.

If you aren't willing to do the work then be prepared to be blasted. Me. . . I'm too busy to look into it so, for now. . . I win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think your approach was a bit off and that's why I replied the way I did. I'm not going to let you come onto my property and call me out without letting you have it.

If you are trying to make an honest attempt to re-state your point in a positive discussion I'm up for it but, if you want to come on here and tell us our quads are junk and you are going to buy another brand than don't bother. . . I don't want to hear it as it isn't constructive in any way.

Old 10-11-2005 | 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

ya, brp is great, wait, NO. My buddies freaken vr and relocation kit has been on back order for 2 months. F%$k that. He has also had a shock go bad.

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
All I asked for was an explanation NOT a thrashing.

Pastor,

I didnt see a question mark in your original post. Seemed more like a statement to me. We hardly ever start thrashing around here, but if you dish it out, you can expect it to "boomerang" back. I think you'll find that this forum is regarded as one of the more intelligent forums out there - Most guys in here know thier stuff. Perhaps a different approach would have produced different results.

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:20 PM
Military Rider

alwaysride, Is this backorder BRP's fault or the local dealers fault? You'll find alot of times it is local.
I ordered a front sprocket from Chaparral, the Nation's #1 volume dealer, about five weeks ago. Have heard nothing from them. Ordered same part from RockyMountainATV and had it installed on the bike four days later. It comes down to customer support.
As far as the shock goes that could be riders ability. I've thrashed the Hell out of three different DS's and never had one second of shock issue. Come to think of it the only issue I have ever had with BRP is my current electrical malfunction. Everything wears out if you ride it hard enough.

Now, run along.

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

ya, brp is great, wait, NO. My buddies freaken vr and relocation kit has been on back order for 2 months. F%$k that. He has also had a shock go bad.
Tell your buddy it's time to retire the 90cc!

Quick Reply: Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls